• RHR Forums

General Rants Section

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Friend of a friend reaches out to me to help him build 3 insane watercooled computers, mixes model 1070's(sizes all over) 7 gpus per system, complains psus will cost too much, awesome guy Xeven sends me a link to a awesome dual psu Supermicro case that can be used to build the system.

He sees the price of 6k and goes, it is not worth his time or cost. Show him the cooling parts cost and he says too much but he will rush order parts he can find on sale(that most likely are wrong fitting) and wanted me to give up my long weekend to build it all for him, pretty much 3 weeks of custom bending cords, measuring and testing plus no way enough power to power the system.

Just do not get people, this guy is worth millions and the best option is some how too much....

Why!?!

PS Xeven love that supermicro gpu case https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4U/4029/SYS-4029GP-TRT2.cfm

• 3 weeks later...

Telus please stop hiring the mentally infirm, call them due to the whole block of buildings all experiencing .6mbs max speeds, found out it was this bad for not just us when both neighbors asked me if ours was shite too. The guy checks the lines and sees work being done on one and the tech comes out. Checks the main room says he found the issue then goes from shop to shop checking our modems and setups, comes to mine and says "please don't run your business interment through your music device, as we see you have a Sonos here that everything connects to". Give him a blank look and ask "you mean sophos? Our firewall and VPN?" He looks again and goes "I did not know you could use a Sonos as a firewall and VPN" look at him again and say " you are talking about a Sonos this is a sophos they are nothing alike" finally it dawned on him and he left haha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey thanks for the questions. The two crops are soybeans and corn. Moisture will degrade the soybeans faster than the corn. Our current challenge is moisture. The last number of weeks have been incredibly rainy so much so that our equipment cannot drive on the fields!! This is a massive issue that is hard to address.

Here is a pic from Tuesday, (likely) my last chance to harvest my soybeans this year. :(

I was attempting to enter the field at its "driest" available location. I know the tracks the combine left do not look too bad but right where I stopped and backed up I was spinning and getting that machine stuck is no picnic! alt text

Day 1 with iPhone, I feel any sense of creativity and originality has now left my body, I have a desire to go to Starbucks as well as get avocado toast. The desire to protest and be a hypocrite about how everyone else needs to do better for the environment has yet to kick in but I fear it is only a matter of time now

Day 2.

all the apps have far more ads then my rioted android I have seen that one chick yell about raid shadow legends about 100x in the last hour,  notifications come in droves as well as I can understand why people with iPhones hate their lives so much, analytics apps show far more negative data on their home screens then android devices that try to pick you up instead of put you down. By day 3 I fear total insanity.

may the gods have mercy on our souls

4 hours ago, Soullessone21 said:

Day 1 with iPhone, I feel any sense of creativity and originality has now left my body, I have a desire to go to Starbucks as well as get avocado toast. The desire to protest and be a hypocrite about how everyone else needs to do better for the environment has yet to kick in but I fear it is only a matter of time now

Day 2.

all the apps have far more ads then my rioted android I have seen that one chick yell about raid shadow legends about 100x in the last hour,  notifications come in droves as well as I can understand why people with iPhones hate their lives so much, analytics apps show far more negative data on their home screens then android devices that try to pick you up instead of put you down. By day 3 I fear total insanity.

may the gods have mercy on our souls

Haha. All is not lost. I will be honest and say that I do not live in the Apple world...with the exception of iPhones. Too many times my Android devices would have apps stop working, not receive updates without forcing/rooting/etc, or would corrupt sd cards. I dont do anything intensive on my phones and just want it to work. So far Apple has done that for me me...and so I now stick to iPhones (atleast for now). I refuse to pay any other Apple taxes though.

2 hours ago, Bond007 said:
2 hours ago, Bond007 said:

Haha. All is not lost. I will be honest and say that I do not live in the Apple world...with the exception of iPhones. Too many times my Android devices would have apps stop working, not receive updates without forcing/rooting/etc, or would corrupt sd cards. I dont do anything intensive on my phones and just want it to work. So far Apple has done that for me me...and so I now stick to iPhones (atleast for now). I refuse to pay any other Apple taxes though.

That is very fair, I used to work for Apple so not a fan due to that haha. Their phones are fine for sure, work just asked if I wanted a free phone and they would cover my contract so I said “why not”

it’s been fine thus far in all reality 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 8:50 PM, Mightyunit said:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=8_130&item_id=157394

Fans like this make me crazy! A single fan for $50 ON SALE! Evidence for the state of decay in the world today. IT IS A FAN. You can buy SSDs for less. What the heck? Do people pay these prices??? INSANE!

I always thought that was insane to, I still buy 5 packs of Arctic fans for less haha