News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums

General Rants Section

Geez, that must suxx bad :( Sorry to hear that.

I wanted to complain about my inability to fix my old MSI PM8M3-V mainboard, but compared to that is my problems laughable. It is old mainbaord, after all. But it also piss me off badly, especially video on ScrewTube fail to play at fullscreen. Grrrr, that it is! Another mosfet will be replaced tomorrow! >:( >:( >:(

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My "friend" broke something of mine a couple months ago, worth around $50-60. I talked to him about it and he apologized and asked how much it cost me, I gave him an estimate and where I got it and gave him a month to replace it or pay me back. Hear nothing from him so I message him multiple times, he ignores all of them until I call him out for being a scumbag and tells me money is tight, which I understand but thats no reason to ignore me. So I leave it at that, then yesterday he uploads a picture on instagram of 10s of empty 2'6s and 40s of alcohol along with at least 40 empty beer bottles, moneys tight eh? I hope I don't have to get "the boys" just to get my money back.. This is ridiculous.

edit: after publicly calling him out he finally paid me back, jesus..

Lot's of beer and alcohol make always money "tight" I have to agree with him on that, but it is time to prioritize. If you broke something, first you have to pay for it and then you have the rest of money for the senseless drinking ;)

I could not have afford so heavy drinking, even if I wish for it (and I don't), lol.

Oh, damn be carefull, you do want to kill yourself? ???I bet you don't. So put your poor leg into nice bucket full of water and keep it there so it stop hurting and begin healing ;)

Pretty bad injury to take at the height of xmass fenzy... Sorry to hear that :-[ And looks like the company have to move w/o your support, because you are good now only for desk job... At least they should give you some time off to get back in shape.

I quess I must be lucky to never felt so bad yet in my life - yet. But I'm only 38 years old, things might get worser later in life. And we had only a bit of snow and ice this winter, so not a big chance to fell anyway, due to lack of ice.

Jetway V600DAP - AXP mobo I trying to make work as to have something with working AGPhttp://hwbot.org/hardware/motherboard/v600dap/

I would like to complain that even I managed to replace all the "turned out to be bad" experimental Samxon CG caps near the AGP/ram for new polymers with help of my friend Mirek - the mobo is still not running stable for ram tests. That is kinda weird, because it can pass almost all tests (except of the ram stressing ones like SuperPi 32M), yet it always fail in matter of seconds on Prime95 memtest settings (yet can run for hours and hours stable for CPU stress test) ...So I replaced caps around the ram/chipset/agp ... I added another 22uF ceramic cap under the chipset to make the voltage even better, I added expensive 470uF tantal-ceramic under the CPU socket (In both cases I just created the space where I put these additional caps) - yet still 1.575V is enough for this AXP to run at 2300MHz stable, but the memory, the memory...Tried every ram I have, even as low settings as 3-4-4-8 applied, it still crash in matter of seconds.

That suxx. Memtest did not give single error... Maybe it is time to reinstall and use another version of the VIA 4+1 drivers? Dunno.

I swear the universe does not like me having this car, sometime yesterday while parked someone played bumper cars with my car and now the rear passenger side door is scratched and slightly dented.Add that to the pile of other crap people have done to my car...

• 3 weeks later...

Canada Post Shipping Logic:Pick up item from Best Buy Richmond Hill.Take item to Mississauga (probably distribution centre)Drive item to ScarboroughDrive item to Richmond Hill (out for delivery).

I know they have to take most if not all items to distribution centres, but really, look at all the gas you wasted when the guy could have picked it up and delivered it within the same city. I'm not complaining about how long it's taking, just the route this package is going to go within the same city

• 1 month later...

If this is about a microwave stove, then it is usually the high voltage fuse that five away. The thing is very near the hi-voltage transformator and the pulsating magnetic field did not exactly do well with the fuses I end up fixing the stove for second wife of my father years ago and then about year back for father stove. Same drill all the time.Open it up, find the thing coated in plastic (usually very near the transformator) and about 50mm long with like 5-6mm in diameter, short it by soldering a cooper wire on it and put all back together. Fairly simple.

I think about placing the fuse there as of creating a construction flaw, that will be guaranted to fail in time.

I don't believe that this could be a issue with landlord, but if worried, then try fixing it first and when you suceed, then there is no need to bring that up ;)

Howdy all.

First post here.

May as well let it be a rant.

What the hell is up with the US border patrol!?. I go to school in the US, have been for the past year and a half now. Since my house was broken into, my Nexus card and passport were stolen. So crossing has been nothing short of a royal pain in the arse. Every single day I have to produce 3 pieces of ID, my police report , and the receipt for my application for my new nexus card. Worst part - its been the same guy at the same bloody time. And every single day he gives me the same attitude.

Aside from that, ive lurked around a bit and I like it here. Nice quiet civil conversation from what appears sensible people lol.

I thought Passport Canada had ways to expedite passports in extreme circumstances, such as your onthough this is the Canadian Government we're talking about...

I hope you get everything replaced as soon as possible, couldn't imagine what your'e going through, nor would I ever want to.

Finally got my doors and window fixed today. The biggest piss off is the work I have to go back and do all over again. Assholes even swiped my thumbsticks off my desk (can I say asshole here without a paddlin). It is kind of my fault for not backing my work up on the school network or even a cloud backup, but I had figured it was backed up on my PC, NAS, and thumbsticks it would have been safe. Boy was I wrong lol.

The upside is managed to scrape together most of the fixin's for a desktop. Although it makes me sad my recently purchased titan was taken and I never got a chance to even fire it up once. Once I get paid ill grab up an i3 and build my way back up again.

@Fudd:

Day 7 of this crazy flu going around. Has flattened and bedridden literally every single person around me who has caught it. Wish I could hurry and shake this so I can fill the food section with lots of food pron!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's fully reloaded and ready to ship. Even upgraded her to just for you buddy :)

@Soullessone21:

@Fudd:

Day 7 of this crazy flu going around. Has flattened and bedridden literally every single person around me who has caught it. Wish I could hurry and shake this so I can fill the food section with lots of food pron!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's fully reloaded and ready to ship. Even upgraded her to just for you buddy :)

Guess my rant here would be I couldn't thank you well enough. Guess I could start with an epic cheesecake made by me.

Also discovered I am highly allergic to Dextromethorpan (active ingredient in Vicks daytime flu pills). Thought I was safe since I know pseudo-ephedrine does a number on me and wasn't in these pills. To think some nutjobs enjoy getting high off this and feeling this way.

• 1 month later...

Don't you guys and gals HATE when you go to buy some parts for a build at a computer store or anywhere really and they go," Hi can I help explain this product to you?"No please go on. I picked up something NO Scrub would pick up and you want to explain. Where is Willy Wonka when you need him. YOU DON'T SAY AYYYYYYY?????

• 3 weeks later...

@Arinoth:

@Soullessone21:

My Dogs a racist that is all >:(

You know animals take on the likes and dislikes of their ownersjust sayin.... :P

we were warned when we got him that he was abused by Asians, At least he doesn't hate Mexicans like some Racist Jewish man I know :P

At least he doesn't hate Mexicans like some Racist Jewish man I know :P

LOL That is some statement. Last time I checked, the jews in Izrael want to decleare the state to be just for jews. No-one else. And that is unacceptable for the Palestinians, because that would make them give up all their land and forever accept that this is "jews only."So I would not wonder when some jews are kinda racists. Izrael seems to be full of racist people.(jews are IMHO not even a race, because everyone can become a jew, just pass the religions tests and you are a jew)

As for the dog goes, that is not racism. That is experience.

Racism is only blind hatefull for persons, regardless of experience with them, just for their race. So if the poor doggie get abused by Asians, then I won't wonder any bit, that he did not like them all, because of his experience with them. At least he should be happy that they did not eat him, they do it... sometimes they even steal dogs and slaughter them into improvised (and usually pretty messy) slaughterhouses and sell their meat for other Asians... Damn Vietcong, eh?

On the other hand, when you get constantly beat up and robbed by blacks, then first time you see black person, you immediatelly prepare to defend and sooner or later you start hating them all. Is this racism? No. This is experience. Sure some of them could be different, but you won't be able to see that after the traumatizing experiences, so you (for your own safety) start to dislike them all.That is how racism sometimes starts. Another point is getting indoctrinated by some wrong ideology, that condem all people of certain race (races) as bad, w/o even getting them a chance to prove the teory wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I read a few articles on the Huffington post today(was on facebook should not of got sucked in by the blue devil) These articles are to do with banning dogs such as Pit Bulls, here is my reply to their writing team.

Come on this is another article from the huffinton post sorry but they are not famous for giving a flying F#$k about real facts. This is the same group of "writers" who said "Chinese teens and taking cabbages for walks to get over loneliness" They are like many other blog based sites not reporters of the news, they are hits trolls, they could careless if you agree or disagree with them. Just clicking the article is a win for them, Linking them is a fail to our cause and our dogs as every click is money in their pocket. How do I know this I own my own site as well, every click we get is cash into the site, could I write about hatred and lies like these people do, of course but will I hell no.

I am a Pit Bull owner my dog is HUGE and coming toward someone would scare anyone when hes all excited and wants to play. So I am a responsible owner, he only stays on a short leash when we go for a walk, when my young children have friends over he goes for a nap on our bed or in his crate. We do these things not do to the fact he is aPit Bull(Staffy Terrier) but do to the fact he is a dog. Any dog can bite, but sorry that falls on the owner. If you want to take anything from the Huffingtonpost and many other sites and news reporters these days it is this, "Racism is alive and well in Canada and the states", due to the fact Black families and other nationalities and races have a voice to back them now and the law on their side it is not okay in a socially sanctioned way to hate other people for their colour or religion but don't worry hate mongers you can always rally together to murder innocent family pets as that is just okay for some reason in the world we live in.

Classic - blame the defenseless.Pit Bulls have the unfortunate "luck", that their jaws are quite powerfull, so when they bite, it is usually pretty bad, many times in can be fatal in areas such as neck. And when you combine irresponsible owners, that are training these dogs to be aggressive and beat them a lot, then you get your own "cruise missile."And sooner or later, bad things happens.

Media will simplify it to "these attacks dogs should be outlawed."While in reality, it should be "those that create aggressive dogs, witch bite others, will be held fully responsible and sentenced as if they do the damage."

Because yes - if I beat the poor dog each day, train him to bite and go for neck and then unleash him on someone, I did just killed the person. The dog was only the tool, so my hands aren't messy and I can always get away when convincing the jury, that the person provocated the dog and I just did not put him down soon enought, so I'm not responsible, because I did what I can.That defense is likely to work, witch is why the law should look at how I trained the dog in first place.

Currently only the poor dogs get to blame. They might one day figure it out and bite the presstitutes. Then they will be really demonized