News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums

General Rants Section

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On call this weekend been fucking on the phone over 8 hours now this is retarded, I have site work to do and trying to explain to my wife that reviews and my full time job are different things is not fun. I fully understand her side of things as I know I am on the computer all day while I'm home on call for my main job so its very hard to understand the difference from that and reviews.

Gotta do less time for work, and more for family. Your kids and dogs need you too, not only computers. These boxes can do well w/o you too ;)

BTW, try to cut down your time on the phone, unless you use headset and your head are not at least as close to the antena :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Company A (which was my interview on Tuesday) had me do this online numeric and linguistic tests since apparently that's how they judge if someone is a fit for their company. Ok, that's fine, other than the numeric test revolved around calculating inflation rates, gdp, and other economic stuff, while the practice test was more sensible algebra questions. Not sure why a test engineer would need to know how to do the econ stuff randomly.

Company B's interview faired a bit better, but being a year removed from school, having not programmed in at least a year and always having been bad at the theory questioning of programming (I can program quite well in front of a computer, ask me programming questions on paper and I'm not as good) so not sure how that one went. I believe I nailed their sample programming question, but I think I had enough theory questions I couldn't ask that I'm probably not going to be landing that job. My little gripe with them is there wasn't much actual inquiry about my education or past work experience.

• 2 weeks later...

WTF ??? I love cats, but this one I would probably try to harm and expect my dog bite her too. I never imagined that cat could attack anyone (except bird, mice, other small animals and other cats). I was few times warned about possibly charging cock, but then I laughed and proposed, that if that happen, we will have him in the soup - and the "dangerous" cock was quite quiet and keep low profile later on.

So except one case, when I was young and "friends" got the "great" idea to convince a sizably huge bulldog "Cir" to attack me, I was not attacked by any animal at all.Even as young, I easily fighted off the bulldog by kicks to ribs into stalemate, where he did not want attack anymore, because it is hurting to be kicked again and again. The dog have more sense that these guys and even that I have nothing against it, he is lucky, that I had nothing else on hand that my bare hands and legs.Also it was summer, so there is no jacket to sacrifice over hand to use as bait to deliver more serious attack, when the dog bite into it.

Because my love and passion for all animals end the moment they get violent very abruptly. So such cat will really need his alleged 9 lives, trying to attack me.

But maybe he/she get away with it too, because I would be too surprised, that cat is attacking me... That is something I would argue that never can happen, but obviously, I would be wrong. Clean you wounds properly, John. God knows, if this crazy cat is not infected by something... Because cats are not like that normaly. They are nice, fluffy and purr very nicely.

Don't hate them, because of one rooten example, even it hurts.

My main rant go to Canadian post. 6 to 30 days delivery - yet still nothing since 7.5.2014?! Grrrrr... they need such crazy cat down their pants! >:(

Getting a moving quote to see that the estimated weight they gave more than double the weight I moved out from Fredericton was. Yes I have some more stuff, but I do not have more than double the weight of items I'm moving with me. When I told the guy their weight was waaay off from everyone else and thus so was their quote the guy said he is going to recalculate.

I move from Fredericton to Whitby with about 1500lbs of stuff, most quotes moving out east are around 2000-2200lbs which sounds right as I'm taking a tad more furniture. but 3300lbs for a 2 bedroom apartment without any couches and a double bed that does not weight 200lbsI think they are off quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I catched flu when the weather just get better too so maybe I'm getting old too?Dunno.

What suxx most is, when a new nice eVGA GTX 660 card is not working anymore. Fan on full speed when power on and no display at all. Damn, that suxx. 4 days of usage and ... this. By a just little Crysis Warhead gaming :(

@Soullessone21:

Though he was not a member here hwc today lost a great member and a great customer of mine.

Rip DrBenDOver my heart goes out to your family and friends

I would like to mirror this sediment, making my own rant not as big. Still unpacking the living roomhopefully tomorrow I can move the TV further from the couch and hook up the home theatre system rather than desktop speakers.

Some people's children. I don't mean kids I mean grown adults, in what world is it ok to accept items in trade for other items or what not then just taking the items and asking for more, without honoring the original deal.

Lately seen this a lot. I am an understanding person if life gets in the way or things cause delays no big deal but out right theft is just pathetic. When my holidays are over I will have to deal with some of these people but Thank god their not people on here :)

Not part of the rant Arinoth this is NOT meant for you and my gpu haha read through this and went damn Arinoth is going to think I'm pissed at him. You got a new job a move and a lot of other things going on so your in my good books :) and I know you have plans to honor our deal :D

Who get a nice 780ti card should not complain about graphic cards at all ;D ;)

Anyway, I want to complain about Intel XTU. I hoped that I could benchmark on my new i5 750 hardware, thanks to Soul. Some benchmarks that require Java, for example, I not need, but a Intel XTU is kinda very much viewed as standard, so... so I hoped that I could submit some Intel XTU scores.

And this is not possible, because online submitting says: "Your processor must be a 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor or newer in order to Compare Online."When trying to manually upload the profile, it says: "This profile is not eligible for upload."When trying to save the profile, it says: "This profile is not eligible for export."

What the fuck, Intel! i5 cannot submit score in Intel XTU at all?! Confirmed by guys on HWbot:http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=109368"You just can submit XTU scores with Sandy Bridge and up.Everything below Sandy Bridge just generates a score but cant be uploaded to HWbot. Stupid? Yes, 100% agree."

Aaaargh, Intel software developers burn in hell! >:( >:( >:(

slowly accepting, that I never get to submit an Intel XTU score on HWbot :-

• 3 weeks later...

my trusty H55n-usb3 died on me last night. Woke up in the morn system was off. Flip it back on, and it turns off/turns back on a second later. Even bare board with zero plugged into it still does it.Tried a diff psu that I know works. Sucks cause it was such a nice mobo. Thankfully I found a zotac one to replace it, but 100$ for a board this old is a kick in the teeth.

Oh well, more motivation to hurry up and get a competent system setup for fall gaming.

@Fudd:

my trusty H55n-usb3 died on me last night. Woke up in the morn system was off. Flip it back on, and it turns off/turns back on a second later. Even bare board with zero plugged into it still does it.Tried a diff psu that I know works. Sucks cause it was such a nice mobo. Thankfully I found a zotac one to replace it, but 100$ for a board this old is a kick in the teeth.

Oh well, more motivation to hurry up and get a competent system setup for fall gaming.

Where you go half way through buying my LGA2011 rig :P

think I could find you a cheap 1156 board if need be to :)

Dealing with an ant swarm at one of my windows.landlord knows about it and apparently the condo board is supposed to call us...well they haven't and they seem to be most active in the evening. Nothing like spending 15 minutes of MY time vacuuming up ants....

GGGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

This was a brand new box from NCIX. They better pay for shipping back!

Sry for large pic. Can't resize it on my iPad mini.

Upon further inspection I noticed that it didn't sit perfectly. Checked around the frame and noticed that the frame was also bent in the psu section. Back it goes.

Today was "drive like a total fuckhead day" today in Calgarymore so than normal. Had a lady start turning into me as I was already 3/4 of the way merged into the lane. Luckily there was nobody to my left or that lady's dinky ass car was gonna lose that fight. Then on the way back to the office I have to get out of the right lane because it's closed ahead for construction. Motorcycle behind me decides he's gonna do the same. I had my turn signal on and started turning back into the lane when fuckhead decides "GUN IT" and passes me on the right while I'm halfway into the right lane. And last but not least, let's have dickhead drive 90 degrees straight across four lanes of MacLeod Trail during rush hour to get stuck behind a line of cars that can't yet turn left and completely block my left lane off. Dodge Journey doing 70kph + rain + 185 pounds of an unsecured Phaser 7500 in the back means no stopping fast.

Oh and there's the guy walking up a ramp in the parkade around a blind corner. Probably about 6 inches from making him eat my grille. There's designated walking spots for a reason ya cunt!

Yeahstressful day.