Friggen Contractors and company landlord, screwed us over for permits now I am on an even larger uphill battle feels more like scaling a f#$king cliff at this point.

Also on the weekend my dumbass dog got sprayed by a skunk, pile it on world πŸ˜›

Youtube I hate you so damn much as of late, new algo makes it so your videos only hit your subs if you post daily 😞 got to start making more time for this as it is frustrating as fuck.
If anyone wants to help go comment on our videos that really helps to push the algo aside and get it on more view lists.

I show you nothing but love google and all you do is abuse...:P

The cost of heat pumps, more specifically some people at work telling me what they think it would be for me and then 2+ companies coming back at double that guestimation...

@Arinoth said in General Rants Section:

The cost of heat pumps, more specifically some people at work telling me what they think it would be for me and then 2+ companies coming back at double that guestimation...

Know exactly what you're going through, the worse part is the places that quote the lower prices will most likely have fine print to charge you double the other quotes to.

I have one more place coming today to give me a quote then we get to decide if we want to do it or not.

I have one more place coming today to give me a quote then we get to decide if we want to do it or not.

Good luck hope you get it figured out and a good deal πŸ™‚

Working with a Telus field tech on a 911 phone line that's stuck logged in, but with no phone actually hooked up and no way to log it out. Telus finally figures out the line is busy and clears it. Of course since it's technically signed in, it hops right back into the 911 call queue. Cue my worst nightmare, a fuckin 911 call starts ringing on the phone and obviously the result is just panic from the both of us. Thankfully it was a police non-emergency line, but I hope that at least the caller ended up back in the queue rather than being kicked out once we gathered ourselves. 😐

@LPfan4ever Note to self, avoid emergencies in any city LPFan works in and you will be safe πŸ˜›

Tired! that is my rant, damn tired all the time and out of meds but don't want to deal with a walk in so tired and out of breath like a fat guy answering his door when takeout is ordered πŸ˜›

Turns out when you have threadlocked 5MM bolts stuck into a turbocharger's housing, that are exposed to road grime and all that fun stuff for 6 years, they don't like to move. My hex keys had noooo chance, had to rig up a T30 bit and chew up the bolts a bit. Can't imagine what Ford's gonna want for new ones

On the plus side I've got a nice new bypass valve installed that holds boost much better than the stock one. Adjusting the spring preload is going to be a bit of a bitch with it being stuck to the lower passenger side of the engine, but that'll definitely be a summer thing to do.

What we thought or what our home inspector thought was only a minor repair for our chimney is looking like may be a partial rebuild to the tune of around 4800$ (including taxes), oh boy...

What we thought or what our home inspector thought was only a minor repair for our chimney is looking like may be a partial rebuild to the tune of around 4800$ (including taxes), oh boy...

Very sorry to hear buddy, we had to do similar as we wanted AC in our house but the entire Hvac had to be redone and did get done, now we are warm and cold only when we want πŸ˜›

@Soullessone21 said in General Rants Section:

Very sorry to hear buddy, we had to do similar as we wanted AC in our house but the entire Hvac had to be redone and did get done, now we are warm and cold only when we want πŸ˜›

I sent the missus the message that her parents have now bought us half a heat pump or a chimney (they gave us money to help us with the house as after we bought it Christmas gift).

Let's see how she reacts

Fuckin car battery is frozen solid. Damn -30 and my dash cam are a bad combination.

@LPfan4ever said in General Rants Section:

Fuckin car battery is frozen solid. Damn -30 and my dash cam are a bad combination.

I thought your car was all pro πŸ˜› even my Vibe GT turns on at minus 30, only issue is shifting is like pushing against hard rubber haha. Better get some snowshoes and a woman's coat Kyle you will be walking πŸ˜›

Combination of me not wanting to short drive the thing in -30 and then forgetting my dash cam on. I need a quick battery disconnect for when I park it for a while I think. πŸ˜›

@LPfan4ever just get a cheap jumper box that you leave plugged inside for when you pull a stupid

Nah I need something that keeps the battery fully charged, since the battery won't freeze if I keep it charged up. Otherwise trying to jumper pack a frozen battery is a bad idea. My battery tender would do the job if I had a garage...

More vehicle related rants, and a PSA on a company to never deal with. Ordered a custom downpipe from a company called HottExhaust. They're Canadian and are one of those sites that either have glowing reviews or complete shit reviews. Sadly, I am in the complete-shit camp.

Ordered Dec 21, not a single thing was done with my order. Emailed em mid January and got no reply. Phoned about two weeks ago and the guy says my part is getting made that weekend and will ship out Monday. Another week rolls by and...nothing. Phoned last Friday for a refund and got it approved without question, hopefully seeing the money back this week. Obviously these guys didn't touch my order if they gave me a refund that quickly and without a fight. Nearly two months with zero contact is ridiculous.

last edited by LPfan4ever

@LPfan4ever said in General Rants Section:

More vehicle related rants, and a PSA on a company to never deal with. Ordered a custom downpipe from a company called HottExhaust. They're Canadian and are one of those sites that either have glowing reviews or complete shit reviews. Sadly, I am in the complete-shit camp.

Ordered Dec 21, not a single thing was done with my order. Emailed em mid January and got no reply. Phoned about two weeks ago and the guy says my part is getting made that weekend and will ship out Monday. Another week rolls by and...nothing. Phoned last Friday for a refund and got it approved without question, hopefully seeing the money back this week. Obviously these guys didn't touch my order if they gave me a refund that quickly and without a fight. Nearly two months with zero contact is ridiculous.

Sorry to hear about all that and I do fully understand your pain being it is something you are passionate about.

Still waiting on a camera I ordered over 6 months back and getting the run around too. Getting tempted to go over to a Sony 4k video camera instead for the near instant focus.

Still undecided though, Also heat is out at the front building of my work in -27 weather this is not a good thing. Fear the pipes in the ceiling

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/workplace-fatal-31-grande-prairie-1.5052270

A sad reminder that any day could be your last. He was a wonderful man who stepped up to raising a daughter that was not his own, and was supposed to marry my cousin in two weeks. I have no more details than the article, but can only hope that this was a freak accident and not gross negligence on anybody's part. 😞

last edited by LPfan4ever
    Views