Thanks Soulless and the rest of RHR for the belated birthday gift (GTX 1070), now to figure out where the hell it's going to go.

Offer accepted on a house, now the fun begins, finalize up the mortgage, home inspection, letter of insurability and more!

@arinoth that's awesome news congrats

On my own rave

new Ac and furnace in the house no longer poor white trash and just white trash now 😛

@arinoth said in General Raves Section:

Thanks Soulless and the rest of RHR for the belated birthday gift (GTX 1070), now to figure out where the hell it's going to go.

Wow. Enjoy the 1070! I guess I am well overdue in saying happy birthday.

Offer accepted on a house, now the fun begins, finalize up the mortgage, home inspection, letter of insurability and more!

Good luck with everything! Hopefully it all goes smooth.

I won an 8086k!!! My biggest win ever. I put a lot of thought into it, and although I really want to keep the CPU, I don't even max out my current one and would need to invest in a new MOB/ram (is ram ever going to go back down in price). I am going to put it up for sale and use the money for a GPU upgrade. Hopefully I will find a good deal on a used 1070/1080 (used prices on them seem to be finally dropping).

@bond007 said in General Raves Section:

I won an 8086k!!! My biggest win ever. I put a lot of thought into it, and although I really want to keep the CPU, I don't even max out my current one and would need to invest in a new MOB/ram (is ram ever going to go back down in price). I am going to put it up for sale and use the money for a GPU upgrade. Hopefully I will find a good deal on a used 1070/1080 (used prices on them seem to be finally dropping).

Dude that is awesome, was that from the intel giveaway? if so you should of done AMD's Trade to Fame trade-off and got a free 1950x.... NVM USA only 😞 https://www.amd.com/en/campaigns/threadripper-exchange

PM me for a used gpu I have to clear out lots of my stock at awesome prices 😄

@soullessone21 said in General Raves Section:

@bond007 said in General Raves Section:

Dude that is awesome, was that from the intel giveaway? if so you should of done AMD's Trade to Fame trade-off and got a free 1950x.... NVM USA only 😞 https://www.amd.com/en/campaigns/threadripper-exchange

PM me for a used gpu I have to clear out lots of my stock at awesome prices 😄

That was the contest. I did look into the AMD upgrade, but as you said it was USA only. They have already done the max amount they would do as well.

Aren't you a lucky ducky? I thought that give away was long done but guess not. You just got notified?

@johan45 said in General Raves Section:

Aren't you a lucky ducky? I thought that give away was long done but guess not. You just got notified?

Was notified in July at some point. Just received it a few days ago. I think it said deliveries could be as late as end Oct.

last edited by Bond007

Still pretty sweet, even if you just sell it

Talked to my folks about the house stuff, they want to come out and help us moved but most likely going to have them come out after we do that. The funny part was talking to my mother, when she and my father were out when we put an offer on this same house he had pointed something out (I don't know what) and said "That would look good in Arinoth's and Arinoth's partner's house." The other funny thing I found out is he has run out of home improvement projects at their home and has been slowly starting to drive my mother crazy, and is looking forward to helping us do whatever we need to this new house of ours. Free labour and expertise for the win?

Talked to my folks about the house stuff, they want to come out and help us moved but most likely going to have them come out after we do that. The funny part was talking to my mother, when she and my father were out when we put an offer on this same house he had pointed something out (I don't know what) and said "That would look good in Arinoth's and Arinoth's partner's house." The other funny thing I found out is he has run out of home improvement projects at their home and has been slowly starting to drive my mother crazy, and is looking forward to helping us do whatever we need to this new house of ours. Free labour and expertise for the win?

Win win. Nothing better.

It's the best way to learn!

Sewer Lateral was done yesterday, the piping looked great, one small section that is older then the rest but still looks in great condition. If anyone wants to see the video of my sewer line you're welcome to!

Oh and the sold sign is going on the house at the least this morning. Now to wait for our closing/move in date of the 26th of October. Who wants to come and help me move?!

Sewer Lateral was done yesterday, the piping looked great, one small section that is older then the rest but still looks in great condition. If anyone wants to see the video of my sewer line you're welcome to!

Oh and the sold sign is going on the house at the least this morning. Now to wait for our closing/move in date of the 26th of October. Who wants to come and help me move?!

Great to hear, On the help side I believe some famous person said it best with "Do it your Goddamn self!!" not sure what one but pretty sure it was said before 😛

@soullessone21 said in General Raves Section:

Great to hear, On the help side I believe some famous person said it best with "Do it your Goddamn self!!" not sure what one but pretty sure it was said before 😛

Those people probably didn't have any friends to trick convince to help with promise of beer and pizza.

HELL YES!!!

finally work is moving ahead with construction, everything is signed and paperwork into the city massive work upgrades happening and new sexy office can start construction.

Out of one work Rave and onto another

Ordered the new Professional studio 4k video camera for RHR scared shitless to learn how to use it but excited to make more and more videos, Thanks for all your support everyone

Well...I took a plunge on a new monitor. It isn't exactly what I was looking for initially, but I am a sucker for a deal. Dell had the S2718D (regular $606 on dell.ca and $800 at bestbuy) on sale for 300 and something and there was a 10% off code. Got it for $276+tax and enviro fee. Sharp looking 27" 1440p IPS with dell's version of HDR. Only 60hz, but I can live with that. Fingers crossed it doesn't have glaring flaws when I plug it in...it shipped today. I think it was only a 24hour sale.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dell-27-wqhd-60hz-6ms-ips-led-monitor-s2718d-black/11623622.aspx

Since I just posted a Rant think it requires I put in a rave to, you know the old good with the bad thing.

First good: Security system is finally fully set up at my house and is way clearer than expected and the app is great as well. Only took about 4 hours and my fear of drilling a hole in my house was unfounded as it went over issue free.

Second good: father in law had an intel 540 drive start to fail in his raid setup, those pos drives everyone got on sale like 3 years back, was still booting so used eusus backed it up to an external usb but do to it getting late and him living 3 hours away we had to leave.

wrote him a guide to swap his current ssds with new ones, use an easus boot drive and the external usb hdd and image it back to 2 new sdds, also had how to setup his new raid array, sounds like it went over issue free 🙂

Also got some time to start my next video last night, there were lots of issues there but in the end it should be fine haha

The Front-end of new office construction done at my new worksite, moving into it tomorrow. Noticed the electrical team did not splice into our existing internet just left a punch box there, so just finished wiring the internet to the front and it seems to be working great.

Will be nice to move away from the white noise machine asics and into a front office tomorrow. Also new room we are building aka the power room is coming along very nicely. So much work to do still but happy things are working well.

Small victories

Views