Accelero III VS Kraken G12

Epic GPU Deal - Repairing and Upgrading Asus Strix Cards
Watch now

Arctic Z1 Gen 3 Review

The Z1 was a simple install and setup and works very nicely, the hub is simple but sleek and in all reality, Arctic did a great job.
Watch now

TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now

Rugged BOSS SSD Review

The LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD in unabashedly focused on a very specific buyer: the professional.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums
Bond007

Issues with some sites on home network

Within the last week I have been having issues connecting to a few websites (seems to be occasional here), but only while using my home internet. In troubleshooting I just discovered that I can’t access it with my desktop (hardwired) or my phone (on wifi). If I turn wifi off, the phone goes to the website without issue. I have not changed any network settings recently. 

Chrome (on the desktop) gives connection reset error, iphone (on wifi) gives can’t establish a secure connection.

any ideas?

do you have any child security on your network? also newest updates on your router and modem?

honestly this is not my point of expertise but will bring in 2 others who are great with this stuff shortly 🙂

No child security, and nothing has been changed recently. It’s the eastlink provided modem/router (arris model).

Confirmed to affect here, hardwarecanucks, and notebookcheck.net. There were others, but I confirmed those 3. It has to be router/modem doesn’t it?...given it affects my phone and computer.

Have you tried bypassing your router/WiFi and connecting directly to the modem via Ethernet?

4 minutes ago, RX00 said:

Have you tried bypassing your router/WiFi and connecting directly to the modem via Ethernet?

Damn that's actually sound advice, did not think of that. Remove the middle man and test 

Just now, Soullessone21 said:

Damn that's actually sound advice, did not think of that. Remove the middle man and test 

Did a bunch of network upgrades to my house lately so that's why I thought about it. Plus wifi/routers are always finicky even if nothing changes on them.

Also if its a provided router from an ISP and you have a spare router/wifi around put the ISP router in bridge mode and let your router/wifi do the work.

Hey. It is a combined router/modem. My desktop runs wired to it, and phone on wifi (obviously for the phone)...both are affected.

1 hour ago, Soullessone21 said:

Hey @RX00you got any clue what maybe causing this? Possible isp blocking invision as all 3 sites he listed run off the invision engine? 

I never would have known the sites have something in common...

1 hour ago, Bond007 said:

I never would have known the sites have something in common...

yah we all moved to Invision as it has great seo and customization and there is tons of freelancers who works great with it

Well...I couldn’t figure it out. Ended up calling eastlink. The first tech support person couldn’t figure it out, and called someone at a higher level place. No idea what they did, but it is working now.