SILICON POWER A55 M.2 1TB Review

Thanks to its M.2 2280 form-factor the A55 series also appears to be tailor made for NUC’s, older laptops, and similar small form-factor devices.
Read now

Accelero III VS Kraken G12

Epic GPU Deal - Repairing and Upgrading Asus Strix Cards
Watch now

Arctic Z1 Gen 3 Review

The Z1 was a simple install and setup and works very nicely, the hub is simple but sleek and in all reality, Arctic did a great job.
Watch now

TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Soullessone21

Looking for help with a title for a upcoming video!

Currently working on a custom gpu cooling video and would love some ideas for a catchy title.

91281252-FFE7-4136-8498-8D4D00FA8ACC.jpeg

so a bit of back story this video came to be made after we had multiple 1070 strix fans break and Asus would not cover them. So I was able to hunt down another local miner who sold 4 for $100 with broken fans. Was able to get two full repair and 2 were less than perfect fan wise.

so first the video will chat about the bad Asus fans and support for the 10xx gen

then focus on the upgrades and ease of doing so.

34174059-55DF-4011-92D0-C12D8CA493D9.jpeg2492787D-38A0-4AA5-9607-54BCC4841437.jpeg1CBBF28A-DCB8-4B3C-B86C-2D9B117DC1CA.jpeg

then a full review of nzxt aio mount option

9BBFE4A5-B7CC-4637-8CB9-951D1AB24FC3.jpegECBCEF21-6FFA-4B89-A540-3B3BB10A16AD.jpeg

then last the more common arctic cooler solution.

D1AB0865-4391-4D4B-A198-8AB79FEC5E5B.jpegA979E372-CE22-436D-9533-F593BFE4202F.jpeg3CA1E6F5-867A-4D9E-9658-997782F30328.jpeg

Now I just need a title any suggestions?

E0944789-8310-47A6-8C40-D29D11D0E996.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Mightyunit said:

"Are your broken fans a pain in the ASUS?"

BTW I love the idea behind this article. 🙂

Like the title thanks haha

Yah think this one will be fun and different, the Arctic Accelero says it takes 1 hours to dry but after 4 hours they just started to finally feel solid so hope tomorrow can finish this one.

The NZXT AIO mount actually was super simple to install and can keep the stock back plate as well as dropped temps over 10c which is rather impressive, even the chokes stay cold without any heatsinks on them but I think I will add some for prolonged use.

other ideas from the discord

The fans on the cooler go 'round and' round
Strix(ly) Cooling Time
!! Upping the Cool Factor

Graphic cooling solutions

Cooling secrets they don't want you to hear

above from @Oelmuvun

Then from @zoob

broken strix cooling fix

of which the zoob one has a great ring to it if I say so myself 

The AIO bracket is the G10 or the newer G12 ? Wouldn't have it been simpler to buy replacement Strix fans from eBay and install them? I mean even I did that and like that you keep the original RGB lighting potential as well.

I would also like to request that a ghetto trailer park fix be added to the testing. By that of course I mean that the ASUS fans and shroud be removed and some 90mm fans zip tied to the original HSF. AFAIK that card as fan headers for the fans too 🙂    Therein lies the true fix!

Edited by Mightyunit

38 minutes ago, Mightyunit said:

I would also like to request that a ghetto trailer park fix be added to the testing. By that of course I mean that the ASUS fans and shroud be removed and some 90mm fans zip tied to the original HSF. AFAIK that card as fan headers for the fans too 🙂    Therein lies the true fix!

Haha great idea and the aio is the g12 adapter.ill toss some fans on a broken one tomorrow see how it goes. Some of the ones I have the fan headers just do not work think something is toasted in them haha