Jump to content

Accelero III VS Kraken G12

Epic GPU Deal - Repairing and Upgrading Asus Strix Cards
Watch now

Arctic Z1 Gen 3 Review

The Z1 was a simple install and setup and works very nicely, the hub is simple but sleek and in all reality, Arctic did a great job.
Watch now

TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now

Rugged BOSS SSD Review

The LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD in unabashedly focused on a very specific buyer: the professional.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mightyunit

Best budget 1440P 27" monitor

Recommended Posts

Would someone here know of a good but "cheap" 1440P 27" monitor. It will be used for gaming. I have no idea what to think... go to newegg.ca and sort by price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mightyunit said:

Would someone here know of a good but "cheap" 1440P 27" monitor. It will be used for gaming. I have no idea what to think... go to newegg.ca and sort by price?

I’ll try to have a look tonight but Nixeus makes great low cost monitors. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately 27” are getting harder to find due to 31-32”. I prefer 27” 1440 still as well.

Do you have any specific requirements/wants (ips/adaptive sync/high refresh rate/curved vs flat/etc)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Soullessone21 said:

That does not look bad at all.

 

ps I’ll get our site admin to turn the ads down as I am aware there are too damn many!!

Yes please. They are huge as well. And one just brought me to an add page that I had to X out in order to display this page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That would be great! However it is looking like the fellow I am shopping for will need to spend less on a monitor. Now I am wondering about a 27" 1080P display. I think I will have to go with something ~$200. He wants a full rig including Display + Keyboard and Mouse for $1000 including shipping and taxes...

 

https://www.newegg.ca/benq-gw2780-27-full-hd/p/1DH-007Y-00003?Item=1DH-007Y-00003

Edited by Mightyunit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mightyunit said:

That would be great! However it is looking like the fellow I am shopping for will need to spend less on a monitor. Now I am wondering about a 27" 1080P display. I think I will have to go with something ~$200. He wants a full rig including Display + Keyboard and Mouse for $1000 including shipping and taxes...

 

https://www.newegg.ca/benq-gw2780-27-full-hd/p/1DH-007Y-00003?Item=1DH-007Y-00003

Ugh. $1k for everything means compromises for sure. I think you are going to find very quickly that looking at the used market for some of the purchases is going to be the best way to go. Get a basic keyboard and mouse new (<$50), a used monitor (21.5-23”) most likely, something like a b450 motherboard and 2600 cpu, and the best used graphics card with the remaining budget.
 

$1k for the tower is t bad, but all in is hard. My main consideration would be making it good enough for now, but having a solid mob, power supply, and a case he is happy with....the rest is easy to upgrade over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the input. I am taking my thread sideways and I want to talk about the rest of his potential system. May I ask what you think of older intel system: 6700K, 16GB ram, ASUS z170i PRO Gaming, 275GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Thermaltake Core V1 case, EVGA 750watt for $700. I have a system like that I could sell him. Do you think 6700k is to slow for someone that just wants to game? Are 4C 8T now considered inadequate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mightyunit said:

Thank you for the input. I am taking my thread sideways and I want to talk about the rest of his potential system. May I ask what you think of older intel system: 6700K, 16GB ram, ASUS z170i PRO Gaming, 275GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Thermaltake Core V1 case, EVGA 750watt for $700. I have a system like that I could sell him. Do you think 6700k is to slow for someone that just wants to game? Are 4C 8T now considered inadequate? 

Think those specs are solid and for itx rig would do great is it using a gtx 1070? if so it will be a great gaming rig 🙂 price to is not bad at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback. I hope the 6700k will game for a while yet. I do not want to sell this guy something that will be choking on 4C8T in the near future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...