News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mightyunit

What would you do??

I sold two 1070 FTW's to a guy and he complains that one of the cards is only "80% working". Turns out the LED lit "EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW" has a small issue where the "E" is bright and the rest of the letters are dimmer. I offer $20 to make the issue less of a problem to live with. He refuses and demands the card be replaced.  I agree to swap it out with my kids 1070 FTW.  Next he tells me that the other card has the same issue but worse. This peaks my interest. I check my kids 1070 FTW and yes, its "E" is also brighter that the rest of the lettering. After a 2 second google search I see that this is a known issue with a fix. The PCB board with the LED becomes ever so slightly dislodged and it makes the illumination of the letters and words uneven.  I offer to give the guy a full refund for both cards BUT I also share the fix. He tells me he will fix the one card but wants the second one replaced. I am about done with this guy, what would you do? I gave him a great deal on the cards and feel like he should be fixing both if he can fix one. What would you do. 

Any one interested in the fix check this link out!

You have already done more than what is required IMO. I am all for accommodating and being friendly, but it is a used card, you are not a store, and it sounds like he is abusing your being accommodating. I would advise him to accept one of your options and then let it be done.