Accelero III VS Kraken G12

Epic GPU Deal - Repairing and Upgrading Asus Strix Cards
Watch now

Arctic Z1 Gen 3 Review

The Z1 was a simple install and setup and works very nicely, the hub is simple but sleek and in all reality, Arctic did a great job.
Watch now

TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now

Rugged BOSS SSD Review

The LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD in unabashedly focused on a very specific buyer: the professional.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OmegaV4

P9X79LE and Xonar Essence STX

Hello all!

BOARD IS GONE!! JUST THE SOUND CARD!!!

Next is the Asus Xonar Essence STX PCIe Sound Card. Used for only a month. Never driven hard, or had crazy levels of audio through it. Sound Card comes with 4Years of In-Store Product Replacement ending on Nov 18th, 2017

Selling for $125 OBO

Cheers!

OmegaV4

Welcome to the RHR, OmegaV4 ;) Nice pieces of HW sadly they are about to change the owner, lol.

(minor rant - it makes me wonder, if Asus is actually aware, that polymer caps have like 50 to 60 times more noise, so using them in audio circuits, even for the voltage filtering on 12V rail - these SEP 330uF 16V violet ones - is not exactly a good idea noise-wise ... let's hope they are compensated that by serious number of ceramic blocking caps)

I never ran into any issues with the sound card, I just wasn't using it to the full potential that it could have achieved.

Reasons for selling in case anyone is wondering:

Motherboard: I had to change to an X79 Deluxe, due to the fact that over clocking was going to be an issue with the new build I'm going to do, which uses the HyperX Beast @2400MHz.

Soundcard: Don't have a need for it.