RHR RMA Assistance Rules

@Soullessone21:

Shiver evga board denied by evga damaged pins 😞
Shiver corsair psu coil whine approved.

Now for Lpfan4evers cousins rma. Huge denied due to the fact he sent a bfg gpu to evga… This is a first for me and even evga said "we know this was not you but what retard sent a bfg gpu to us instead of the evga one they tried to rma"

Thanks kyle for having entertaining family.

That's what I get for clearing a socket with an Air Compressor….lesson learned.

-Shiver

eVGA mistakem for BFG - lol, mistakes were made…  ;D This is kinda funny one, tough. So, let's hope he send the correct card next time, lol.

The good side to all of this? It still only cost me $70 to get a new board from EVGA, I paid the repair bill.

-Shiver

Some Clients don't use the rma thread till they have a bulk order

about 30 total cards and psu's haha

@Soullessone21:

Some Clients don't use the rma thread till they have a bulk order

about 30 total cards and psu's haha

That's a lot of failed items. What's the typical culprit on GPU? Or is it really card specific?

@Bond007:

That's a lot of failed items. What's the typical culprit on GPU? Or is it really card specific?

That's funny as I get that question a lot. Xfx is usually a very low cost card. They don't do this by using all the best hardware though many of their cards are good cards. On their 79xx they cut corners on vram and it tends to fail.

Msi and Asus cut corners on their selling point their new fans. The tf from Msi is junk as it likes to seize or wobble, wobble is very bad as the blades will snap and Msi will give you a nice $50 bill for fans. Asus has the same issue on their new high static pressure fans but unlike Msi they fully cover the cost.

Corsair well their psus are great but not meant for 24/7 haha.

Do you have any pull with SteelSeries? I have a loooong standing feud with them, which they refuse to resolve.

In a nutshell:
The SteelSeries APEX keyboard has a hardware flaw. There are certain colors that do not match on the keyboard. Meaning, if you set an orange (ff5e00) to all zones, you can easily see that the main KB part is yellow, not orange. This occurs with other colors (blue(0084ff), and a pink…probably more as well). I discovered this within days of getting my KB (in July 2013, yes 2013) - I started a ticket with them 118738 - some back and forth, they sent me a new one. Exact same problem.
Some more back and forth.. then on Dec 2, 2013 they admitted:

Geoff,

Unfortunately this IS a hardware/electrical issue that is present with just about all of the keyboards.

We are working to fix the issue but you are correct that running an RMA for the same keyboard would be a waste of time.

What I meant was we could give you a different keyboard/SteelSeries product if you wanted one.

Rick P
SteelSeries Support

*Note: They would give me another product ONLY if I paid to ship my KB back to them.. I shouldnt have to pay because they sold me a product that does NOT perform as advertised

Ticket 187015 - after more back and forth (and my refusal to PAY to ship this POS anywhere…) They claimed that SSEngine 3 would fix it!

so I wait....
SSE3 is release, updated, new Firmware... and viola! the problem is STILL there. Why? my guess is that it really is a hardware issue as was stated.

New ticket: 211931 (10/31/2014) - no response on it.

I have been blocked from their Facebook page as well (for pointing this problem out). I really feel scammed with this.. I know, most will say "who cares, its just color", but thats one of the biggest selling features of this keyboard! That is actually WHY I bought it! (at the time, there were VERY few choices for KB with this ability... now its odd if it cant do it lol) - So here I sit, with a KB that I hate, and a company that is refusing to deal with me. They admitted they are at fault, yet do not stand behind their product - and continue to sell them! I have been trying to win something else from them so I can sell it and get my money back... and put it towards a Corsair Gaming RGB.

all zones in this pic are set to the SAME color... orange.

If you cant do anything, I understand (I cant get anywhere either) - Thanks!!

Please pm me the serial number and emails thanks ill do my best 🙂

I was referred here by one of you guys on the site. You know me as Alex or SkywhaleExpress in Wargaming's games.

Anyhow, on with the item/model info: Item and model number including brand:
Product: Asus Maximus VI Hero

Serial number:  DCM0AB438826

Product number: 90MB0FU0-M0AAY0

Issue: Electrical damage/unknown (capacitors don't appear to be blown. Motherboard Start and reset lights light up, but when pressing power, only the fans spin for a second then nothing.

Cause if known: you'll get a kick out of this… Yesterday, my wife wakes me up to tell me that my 2.5 yr. old son, Johnny, plugged the USB charge cord for her iPhone into one of the front panel USB ports... The other end, he put into the surge protector outlet. He heard a big popping sound and got scared as all hell.

Other system Specs: I run a Core i7 4770K, 16 GB of Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz RAM, an Asus GTX 650 TI Boost OC, and a Sound Blaster Z sound card.

Original owner or second or so on: original owner with original box.

Proof of purchase? I can probably dig it up, as I bought it online from either tigerdirect or newegg or Amazon.

If I could somehow get this RMA'd, it wod be a killer Christmas gift, because money is tight as we are expecting our second child, a daughter, in March.

Thank you for Posting Alex, I've let Soulessone21 know, hopefully we can get you the help you need.

-Shiver

Hey hey Alex welcome and question one where do you live?

Question two can you pm me or email [email protected] with your full address and I will get asus to cover you 🙂

Asus does not give free shipping on motherboards just a heads up.

-Soul

I live in Joplin MO. I sent you the info in email.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from my family to you guys.

Thanks and again welcome, merry xmas and happy new year.

Now I gotta get to some giveaways and rmas haha

Just checking in. Hope everyone had a good new year.

Soulless, did Alex's request every get fixed?

-Shiver

@Shiver:

Soulless, did Alex's request every get fixed?

-Shiver

Sadly asus looks to of rejected the repair due to pin damage seeing if there is anything else that can be done.

Hey, not sure if yours still doing this. I bought this MSI GT60 2OC laptop and tried to update the BIOS and it bricked. Looked after and I needed to update this other bios first for older versions. Grrr, can't believe I did this. It turns on and off, that's about it. Not sure if can be fixed, tried all kinds of ways that might of got it going.

Item and model number including brand: MSI GT60 2OC-003US        9S7-16F411-003
Serial number or Service tag: GT60 2OC-003USK1306000031
Issue: No Post
Cause if known: Bad BIOS flash
Other system Specs: i7-4700MQ, GTX 770M, 750GB hd, 12GB ram.
Original owner or second or so on: Second Owner
Proof of purchase Yes/No: No

I still want to use this laptop. Its in perfect shape. Was going to be my out of town machine.

Thanks.

@tray:

Hey, not sure if yours still doing this. I bought this MSI GT60 2OC laptop and tried to update the BIOS and it bricked. Looked after and I needed to update this other bios first for older versions. Grrr, can't believe I did this. It turns on and off, that's about it. Not sure if can be fixed, tried all kinds of ways that might of got it going.

Item and model number including brand: MSI GT60 2OC-003US        9S7-16F411-003
Serial number or Service tag: GT60 2OC-003USK1306000031
Issue: No Post
Cause if known: Bad BIOS flash
Other system Specs: i7-4700MQ, GTX 770M, 750GB hd, 12GB ram.
Original owner or second or so on: Second Owner
Proof of purchase Yes/No: No

I still want to use this laptop. Its in perfect shape. Was going to be my out of town machine.

Thanks.

OF course I can help you our tray. I will message my rep shortly but all my reps are at Computex but they should answer quick 🙂