I want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped support my family through this tough time. I also want to especially thank John and Anthony ( and whoever else was behind the scenes) for the smiles they gave my little girl. I am forever in your debt for what you all have done. You all are amazing.
I also want to apologize for the late post and lack of updates on her, but this one is worth the wait.
So we had gone to the IWK again on  June 25th to receive the results of the biopsy, but there was no results as it was too early. Apparently it was a communication error between the surgeon and the receptionist. My wife was pretty upset, due to wanting to know if the growth was cancerous or not. So we headed back home and waited again. Another week had gone by and still no word or new appointment. My wife was increasingly getting more worried and stressed. I told her I thought it was a good thing there was no word and that I had a good feeling about it.
And yesterday my feeling became a reality. My wife called again while I was working and asked for another appointment, and they said they would call back. Within 20 minutes they called and gave her the results over the phone. The growth is not cancerous. It is still a cyst inside the bone,but does not need to be removed unless it begins to bother her, or affects the bone growth. We still have to go back every three months to get x-rays to monitor the cyst's growth,but I can defiantly live with that. Now that we know what it is, we can adjust and move forward. Our scare is over, and I want to thank everyone again that helped us through this.
If I can do anything for anyone, please let me know.
Thanks again

Aaron

Great to hear that it is not a cancer inside of the bone. It took much time and it must have been pretty stressfull, so I'm glad you make it alive from all that…

Congratulations! Now... cyst inside a bone? That could be cured by using the colloid silver  😉

@HiTi:

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped support my family through this tough time. I also want to especially thank John and Anthony ( and whoever else was behind the scenes) for the smiles they gave my little girl. I am forever in your debt for what you all have done. You all are amazing.
I also want to apologize for the late post and lack of updates on her, but this one is worth the wait.
So we had gone to the IWK again on  June 25th to receive the results of the biopsy, but there was no results as it was too early. Apparently it was a communication error between the surgeon and the receptionist. My wife was pretty upset, due to wanting to know if the growth was cancerous or not. So we headed back home and waited again. Another week had gone by and still no word or new appointment. My wife was increasingly getting more worried and stressed. I told her I thought it was a good thing there was no word and that I had a good feeling about it.
And yesterday my feeling became a reality. My wife called again while I was working and asked for another appointment, and they said they would call back. Within 20 minutes they called and gave her the results over the phone. The growth is not cancerous. It is still a cyst inside the bone,but does not need to be removed unless it begins to bother her, or affects the bone growth. We still have to go back every three months to get x-rays to monitor the cyst's growth,but I can defiantly live with that. Now that we know what it is, we can adjust and move forward. Our scare is over, and I want to thank everyone again that helped us through this.
If I can do anything for anyone, please let me know.
Thanks again

Aaron

Very happy to hear things are looking up and hope what we did helped with a little bit of the stress.

Just keep enjoying life Aaron and all is well 🙂

-John

Just wanted to say thank all of you again.
Haven't  been around much at all due to heavy work load, and grabbing extra work whenever I could.
No change in the growth, it hasn't grown or changed, so no news is good news.
We did 22 trips last year and what all of you did for my little girl and family is still beyond appreciated.
I'm finally taking the next ten days off, so I should be poking around more.

No change can be good change. Happy to hear. As well as happy to see you around here again 🙂

Hope to hear more good news from you in the days weeks and months to come.

HiTi, let me know if you're ever in the HRM area, we can get together for something if you wanted. Not sure if there a lot of us Nova Scotians on here.

Also glad to hear she's not getting worse.

Glad to hear the good news!! 🙂

Sounds good Arinoth,
I'm usually up every 2 months depending on scheduling.
And thanks..everything is going great, she is happy and back to being a kid again. We were given the ok to put her back in soccer this summer, so she's super pumped.

Views