GaK_45 does a very in-depth review of the new PNY GTX 750 Ti OC

The 750Ti OC – as we will call it for brevity’s sake – is a very interesting card for numerous reasons. Firstly, unlike the other 7-series video cards, the new 750Ti series is not based on any core previously seen. Instead of a cut down, but supped up 6-series core – e.g. the 770 – or further cut down 7 series GK110 core, the 750′s features a low power ‘GM107′ variant of NIVIDIA’s upcoming ‘Maxwell’ architecture. While the GM107 is an extremely cut down version of future of NIVIDIA’s architecture, it did hint at the upcoming ‘full version’ of the Maxwell architecture making great strides in the power vs performance department.

http://realhardwarereviews.com/pny-geforce-gtx-xlr8-750ti-oc-2gb/

Always a good balance of performance for cost with these cards. My only point of contention is the omission of a SLI option.
I had SLI'd 650TI's and it was nice to get one for $129….and then another months later when I had more coin.
Can't do that with this one though.

-Shiver

Nice review. Still have a couple pages to read. If only mid range gpu would come down in price. These are only about 25% faster than my gtx 460, and still cost more than what I paid for my 460 a couple years ago…power consumption is another story though.

@Bond007:

Nice review. Still have a couple pages to read. If only mid range gpu would come down in price. These are only about 25% faster than my gtx 460, and still cost more than what I paid for my 460 a couple years ago…power consumption is another story though.

I think we have long since past the point where Mid range GPU's were more affordable. With costs for everything across the globe only rising, those days are long since gone sadly.

-Shiver

@Shiver:

@Bond007:

I think we have long since past the point where Mid range GPU's were more affordable. With costs for everything across the globe only rising, those days are long since gone sadly.

-Shiver

Yeah your probably right. I bought the 460 when the 7770 was out and nvidia didn't really have anything to counter with so 460 prices went trough the floor. Paid $125 with free shipping and 2 free games.

@Bond007:

@Shiver:

@Bond007:

-Shiver

Yeah your probably right. I bought the 460 when the 7770 was out and nvidia didn't really have anything to counter with so 460 prices went trough the floor. Paid $125 with free shipping and 2 free games.

I bought a Pair of EVGA 460SC EE (External Exhaust) got 2 games and it was $402.37 after Tax.
Can't do that today anymore.

-Shiver

@Bond007:

I remember that time. I purchased 7770 instead though because of the power consumption and because was the summer time  (HOT). Paid about the same if I remember. Mine should have gotten a free game but the retailer wasn't part of the AMD Never Settle program :/.

Views