Ordered a unlocked Pentium today should be nice. Paid in btc (thank you newegg)

See how it does see how it looks in a fan/followers home… giveaway system in the works?

Maybe

Those seem pretty awesome for the price. Hopefully most MOB will keep OCing for them on the non-z boards.

You mean the Anniversary Edition Pentium?  I hear those overclock like crazy with little to no additional heat.

What mobo r u planning to use?
I was thinking of getting the unlocked pentium. But the choice of motherboards are confusing. I want a 9 series board for future cpu compatibility.

@eyetrance:

What mobo r u planning to use?
I was thinking of getting the unlocked pentium. But the choice of motherboards are confusing. I want a 9 series board for future cpu compatibility.

Some if not most 8 series board will support the same CPUs as the 9 series if you update the BIOS

i thought the retail Anniv ones did not OC like the ones sent to reviewers?  some much lower… seemed random

So what mobo did you settle for? I am looking to finish a folding build based on the same cpu but I am being ultra cheap…...

I was going to go with http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138384 to try something very different but then some awesome buddy threw me a Z87i mobo thats shipping to me right now I will tell you how it goes in a new build log 🙂

I overclocked my anniversary chip upto 4.4 Ghz with stock heatsink with no issues on a gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H.  Only problem is I can't get the ram higher then 1400 mhz with 1600 memory. Never really looked into it but could you get ram speeds higher with a different chipset like a Z87? Pretty sure the B85 chipset is my problem in my case.

I haven't tried on mine as it's a NAS, but maybe when I'm bored sometime after I install the mini Noctua I just got.

Views