[Build Log] The Yellow Minotaur (C70 - Water cooled - Painted)

@Soullessone21:

Sounds like you got the luck of xmas season.

Just a low cost canon 24mm pancake lense. Played around with one and really liked it plus at $149 new with a metal connector it's win win.

A scratch would suck as most lenses cost a ton.

Sorry to hear about the car I need to get some calibers for my van just to cold to do the work.

Yeah these pancake lens are amazing, I got the 40mm pancake lens and it's amazing, I'd recommend buying zoom extensions ($10 off ebay), that's the only thing these prime lenses need

Yeah and it's a $350 lens that got scratchedโ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thanks!

Wow, it's been a while, a small update, got a new lens, scratched itโ€ฆ...........................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sleeved the 24-pin cable over half of season 5 of The Middle lol

Some pic that only required 15 shots to get it right

Awesome looking build keep up the great work.

@Soullessone21:

Awesome looking build keep up the great work.

Thanks!

Motherboard blew upโ€ฆ.. I don't know even know why or how, it just wouldn't post with the code reader displaying half a number.

Will check BIOSTAR for an RMA, it's my first BIOSTAR purchase and I don't have the receipt, will have to check how it goes (and depending on that, it would decide my future purchase decisions) I've replaced the board with a MSI MPower Z97

Great board love the mpowers had a z77 mpower it could oc my 3770k to 5ghz np where all other boards I had couldn't even get close.

If you want some help with the rma of the other board give me a heads up

Great build

@Soullessone21:

Great board love the mpowers had a z77 mpower it could oc my 3770k to 5ghz np where all other boards I had couldn't even get close.

If you want some help with the rma of the other board give me a heads up

Great build

I haven't started the OC yet, clearing all the air bubbles and will try to OC either during the week or next weekend.

Thanks, you've got contacts at BioStar? or ?

Should I start the RMA and contact you if Iย  have any problems or pm you the info before I start the RMA?

Thanks for the kind words again ๐Ÿ™‚

@TheDarkLord:

I haven't started the OC yet, clearing all the air bubbles and will try to OC either during the week or next weekend.

Thanks, you've got contacts at BioStar? or ?

Should I start the RMA and contact you if Iย  have any problems or pm you the info before I start the RMA?

Thanks for the kind words again ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope it OC's like a champ, and it's always easiest to start the RMA yourself but if you hit and road blocks give me a heads up right away, keep up the posts on the great build

-Soul

Finally got around to changing the color

Original

One drop

Five drops in

Still not yellow enough, 10 drops

25 drops later

System how it is now

love this build man, great work, what about adding a few drops of white additive to make the yellow pop more ๐Ÿ˜„

just a thought

love the board, and how did the replacement of the other board go?

-Soul

Really nice build man. I think the Mpower looks better than the first board too. Also interested in how the RMA went, I've never had to send anything back to BIOSTAR, did you have any troubles? Wish I had the patience to finish sleeving, have had a PSU half done now for a couple years now ๐Ÿ˜‰ Great job and awesome write up.

Plus I've always considered yellow to be the most waterproof color, so you're good in case of leaksย  ๐Ÿ˜›

@Soullessone21:

love this build man, great work, what about adding a few drops of white additive to make the yellow pop more ๐Ÿ˜„

just a thought

love the board, and how did the replacement of the other board go?

-Soul

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

White additive? do you mean Dye ? I only have white Mayhem coolant which I can add this weekend if that's what you mean?

Yeah, the msi is all black and sexy yellow!! I forgot about the BIOSTAR board lol, I just started another project and it's taking most my time. I submitted the RMA for the Biostar 15 mins ago lolย  ::)

@funguseater:

Really nice build man. I think the Mpower looks better than the first board too. Also interested in how the RMA went, I've never had to send anything back to BIOSTAR, did you have any troubles? Wish I had the patience to finish sleeving, have had a PSU half done now for a couple years now ๐Ÿ˜‰ Great job and awesome write up.

Plus I've always considered yellow to be the most waterproof color, so you're good in case of leaksย  ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

It does look awesome but it's also double the price ๐Ÿ˜•

I just submitted the RMA request 15 mins ago lol I'll let you know how it goes

Yeah tell me about it, it's the most time consuming and finger abusing part of the build lol

I didn't understand the correlation between yellow and leaking ๐Ÿ˜›

oh, here's a teaser from my next build ๐Ÿ™‚

@TheDarkLord:

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

White additive? do you mean Dye ? I only have white Mayhem coolant which I can add this weekend if that's what you mean?

Yeah, the msi is all black and sexy yellow!! I forgot about the BIOSTAR board lol, I just started another project and it's taking most my time. I submitted the RMA for the Biostar 15 mins ago lolย  ::)

Yah I think if you put some white dye in there with the yellow it would make the yellow more solid and pop more.

Just a thought

hope the rma goes well and looking forward to the next build

@Soullessone21:

Yah I think if you put some white dye in there with the yellow it would make the yellow more solid and pop more.

Just a thought

hope the rma goes well and looking forward to the next build

I don't have any white dye, but send me some and I'll throw it in ๐Ÿ˜›

They still haven't responded to my RMA request, talk about slow serviceโ€ฆ. I submitted a RMA request to EVGA 2 hours ago and the responded 30mins ago, it's my first RMA with EVGA and damn I'm impressed so far ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll check if I have any left.

How about some full completed shots of this build ?

@Soullessone21:

I'll check if I have any left.

How about some full completed shots of this build ?

They're coming next weekend, I've got an exam tomorrow so I couldn't do anything this weekend.

Took the system to a gaming event to check how well it performs, no need to mention that it was the ONLY system that stood out ๐Ÿ™‚

Had people stopping and taking pictures along with a COMPANY that builds computers come and talk to me about the sleeving, the paint, the colors of the system, they wanted to offer a NZXT Hue as a free gift for the best looking system at the event, I simply took out the remote and clicked flash on the RGB remote control, the guy laughed and took pictures ๐Ÿ™‚

flashing RGB anyone?
๐Ÿ™‚

The Front

Does it stand out?

The whole setup (sort of)

The Side

Flash on to show off internal components

Awesome rig. You did some damn good work.