Three hundred to Arc Midi R2

Finally got around to getting my computer moved from my old to my new case (Arc Midi R2 that I got for Christmas). All pictures are from my phone, so I apologize for the quality (I really should use my good camera).

Three hundred interior before getting taken apart:

A couple side by side shots before the adventure began. The arc midi was a little bit larger than I imagined, but very nice.

And one shot of just the arc.

And the end product:

Overall I am very happy with the case and the re-build. I know I am far from having color matching going on, but I am content. I took the stock 140mm that was the top exhaust, and moved it to fill the second intake on the front, and put 2 Noctua 120mm there (they were intakes in my three hundred. The only issues I ran into was the optical sata cable (the blue one) is a touch on the short side, and needs to have no 90 deg bend in it to tidy it, and the individually sleeved cables add a lot of bulk that was somewhat difficult to contain (despite the space available behind the MOB in this case). I removed the top hard drive cage to allow for better airflow from the front.

Hopefully I will get some better pictures soon with my real camera.

Also, I am thinking about moving the forward top exhaust fan to a bottom intake. What's your thoughts?

Nice little swap log thanks for sharing.

Looks like it's time you move into the all in one water cooler generation with your new case ๐Ÿ™‚

Why not have both top exhaust and lower intake fan?

@Soullessone21:

Nice little swap log thanks for sharing.
Looks like it's time you move into the all in one water cooler generation with your new case ๐Ÿ™‚
Why not have both top exhaust and lower intake fan?

I really thought about going to an AIO for cooling (and I very well may at some point), but for now I don't think my cpu has gone above the high 50s, so I can't justify the cost (though it would look better).

For the fans I am trying to keep noise reasonable. I am running the 3 140mm included fans (using the built in fan controller) at 7v. The Noctuas are currently running 12v (1300rpm), but I am considering lowering the speeds on them using the bundled low noise adapters (brings them down to around 1100rpm). The only other 120mm fans I have around are 1200rpm slipstreams, which I found a bit noisier than I like. In the end I am just trying to balance this out for noise/temps. The bottom intake would feed air directly into the GPU fan (by far my hottest running component), so I was thinking it may be more beneficial than having the second top exhaust.

.I owned that case in the past , it's a good case .ย  You have to be carefull with the top grillย  because is flimsy . Clean those fan filters often , the case is a little bit of a dust magnet

Views