Three hundred to Arc Midi R2

Finally got around to getting my computer moved from my old to my new case (Arc Midi R2 that I got for Christmas). All pictures are from my phone, so I apologize for the quality (I really should use my good camera).

Three hundred interior before getting taken apart:

A couple side by side shots before the adventure began. The arc midi was a little bit larger than I imagined, but very nice.

And one shot of just the arc.

And the end product:

Overall I am very happy with the case and the re-build. I know I am far from having color matching going on, but I am content. I took the stock 140mm that was the top exhaust, and moved it to fill the second intake on the front, and put 2 Noctua 120mm there (they were intakes in my three hundred. The only issues I ran into was the optical sata cable (the blue one) is a touch on the short side, and needs to have no 90 deg bend in it to tidy it, and the individually sleeved cables add a lot of bulk that was somewhat difficult to contain (despite the space available behind the MOB in this case). I removed the top hard drive cage to allow for better airflow from the front.

Hopefully I will get some better pictures soon with my real camera.

Also, I am thinking about moving the forward top exhaust fan to a bottom intake. What's your thoughts?

Nice little swap log thanks for sharing.

Looks like it's time you move into the all in one water cooler generation with your new case 🙂

Why not have both top exhaust and lower intake fan?

@Soullessone21:

Nice little swap log thanks for sharing.
Looks like it's time you move into the all in one water cooler generation with your new case 🙂
Why not have both top exhaust and lower intake fan?

I really thought about going to an AIO for cooling (and I very well may at some point), but for now I don't think my cpu has gone above the high 50s, so I can't justify the cost (though it would look better).

For the fans I am trying to keep noise reasonable. I am running the 3 140mm included fans (using the built in fan controller) at 7v. The Noctuas are currently running 12v (1300rpm), but I am considering lowering the speeds on them using the bundled low noise adapters (brings them down to around 1100rpm). The only other 120mm fans I have around are 1200rpm slipstreams, which I found a bit noisier than I like. In the end I am just trying to balance this out for noise/temps. The bottom intake would feed air directly into the GPU fan (by far my hottest running component), so I was thinking it may be more beneficial than having the second top exhaust.

.I owned that case in the past , it's a good case .  You have to be carefull with the top grill  because is flimsy . Clean those fan filters often , the case is a little bit of a dust magnet

Views