Windows 10 to be a free upgrade

Interesting news. It doesn't seem like a Microsoft move, so they must really want to get people off Win7 in the coming year.

"Free Upgrade Offer
Great news! We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year!* And even better: once a qualified Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it up to date for the supported lifetime of the device, keeping it more secure, and introducing new features and functionality over time – for no additional charge. Sign up with your email today, and we will send you more information about Windows 10 and the upgrade offer in the coming months."

Read it all for yourself here, direct from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/about?ocid=WIN10_0_WOL_Hero_Home_Windows-10_Null_01

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Free is always good.

I had no plans on moving away from 7, but for a free upgrade, longer support, and more features I think it will be a no-brainer.

Is it true that the '' free upgrade '' r only for Windows entreprise ?

@A|p|ne:

Is it true that the '' free upgrade '' r only for Windows entreprise ?

Haven't read that, but it could be true. The details seem somewhat unclear.

Have windows 10 on my surface its okay thus far in time I may like it more 🙂

Thanks again for the link

No problem. The question will be, will I upgrade to win10 from 7 or not. I am thinking as long as they give more freedom to make it similar to 7 and not have any major issues then I will do it.

Good news but probably they (Microsoft) want get some cash with other ways 😃

Views