Finally Blue Mic works again :D

Last night threw my Blue Mic SnowBall onto my windows 8.1 pro rig and for the first time since going from 8 to 8.1 it worked flawlessly 😄

missed having a good mic so much, it sounds soooooo good compared to my headset.

What do you have for a headset? I use a G35 headset. What do you find better about the mic? { I found mine sounded like a drunk guy. But I got a new Mic and it sounded the same!! 😮 }

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g35-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset

We have a few headsets, asus vulcan and orion and a Corsair h1500 all suck compared to the blue mic. I'll do a sound test for you and link it here tomorrow so you can hear 🙂

Basic testing of mics

audio testing – 00:20
— soullessone21

Both mics at stock settings blue snowball at setting 3 during test 2 and setting 1 on final test

Nice, huge difference between the two. Definitely a big improvement.

Yah but sadly I am kind of having a falling out with Blue haha due to more issues with drivers and OS's and their support team
The girl did a good job RMA wise but is really wasting over a week of both our time with tests just hoping I will walk away from support it feels like.

So needless to say I will look into a new mic as I do not want to waste anymore time with a RMA.

There are many other great mics out there though so I will enjoy testing many mics plus I am reviewing a headset this weekend so that should be good

Nice, I'll be sure to read it! From the reviews I've read on the snowball I hear a lot of bad / mediocre reviews just because it doesn't noise cancel very well so if you use it while playing a game etc. you hear a lot of background noise. Although it does work good in a nice quite area while you aren't doing anything else! But it does sound good I'll give it that.

@Giarc:

Nice, I'll be sure to read it! From the reviews I've read on the snowball I hear a lot of bad / mediocre reviews just because it doesn't noise cancel very well so if you use it while playing a game etc. you hear a lot of background noise. Although it does work good in a nice quite area while you aren't doing anything else! But it does sound good I'll give it that.

Oh And I figured out why it always sounds like a drunk guy. It's because I'm almost always drunk when I tested my mic! Who'd of thought eh? 😉

Views