SILICON POWER A55 M.2 1TB Review

Thanks to its M.2 2280 form-factor the A55 series also appears to be tailor made for NUC’s, older laptops, and similar small form-factor devices.
Read now

Accelero III VS Kraken G12

Epic GPU Deal - Repairing and Upgrading Asus Strix Cards
Watch now

Arctic Z1 Gen 3 Review

The Z1 was a simple install and setup and works very nicely, the hub is simple but sleek and in all reality, Arctic did a great job.
Watch now

TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fastflow

I-5 3570k

@fastflow:

if I decide to overlock this processor do I need a new cooling system?

if your using the stock one then yes, if not what cooler are you using?

if you want to go cheap stick with something like thishttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

set the cpu voltage to fixed and set it to 1.1 or 1.15 and crank the multiplier up to 41 or 42 ( will show 4.2Ghz in the bios) and try her out

I had my 3770k at 1.4 and 5Ghz using a basic AIO cooler where the one I linked you my wife uses it on a 3970x overclocked to 4.6ghz with turbo turned off.

PS always turn off turbo :P

3570k is a great CPU.I am using one in my desktop. I have mine undervolted and slight overclock. Running 4.1ghz (1.09v under load if I remember correctly). I use a 120mm fan tower heatsink...this one if you want to know:http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118099

Got it for $10 on a great sale once. Any descent cooler of that size would be fine for you (typically on sale $25-35+tax). The most commonly recommended is the cooler master 212 (various models are available).

I leave all the power saving features on, turn turbo off, set multiplier to 41. Then I slowly reduced voltage offset until I got to the min that was stable. This way voltage will drop when under a light load (mine drops to 0.9v), whereas setting the voltage will have it at a fixed value on most motherboards (but it is easier to do).

3570K is a fun cpu to overclock if you have the right batch . Most of the batches do 4,5 GHz with a little bit of tweaking .On air cooling you should not pass 1.45V , and if you change VCore and CPU PLL is more than enough .Di