What do you think about this one (3570k) what power I can squeeze from it?=)

What board are you running with it?

It's a great over clocking chip with the right board.

MB: Asus P8Z77-V
But dont know the version (Probably Pro  😕 )
I used Aida64 for got yhis info

if I decide to overlock this processor
do I need a new cooling system?

@fastflow:

if I decide to overlock this processor
do I need a new cooling system?

if your using the stock one then yes, if not what cooler are you using?

if you want to go cheap stick with something like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

set the cpu voltage to fixed and set it to 1.1 or 1.15 and crank the multiplier up to 41 or 42 ( will show 4.2Ghz in the bios) and try her out

I had my 3770k at 1.4 and 5Ghz using a basic AIO cooler where the one I linked you my wife uses it on a 3970x overclocked to 4.6ghz with turbo turned off.

PS always turn off turbo 😛

3570k is a great CPU….I am using one in my desktop. I have mine undervolted and slight overclock. Running 4.1ghz (1.09v under load if I remember correctly). I use a 120mm fan tower heatsink...this one if you want to know:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118099

Got it for $10 on a great sale once. Any descent cooler of that size would be fine for you (typically on sale $25-35+tax). The most commonly recommended is the cooler master 212 (various models are available).

I leave all the power saving features on, turn turbo off, set multiplier to 41. Then I slowly reduced voltage offset until I got to the min that was stable. This way voltage will drop when under a light load (mine drops to 0.9v), whereas setting the voltage will have it at a fixed value on most motherboards (but it is easier to do).

3570K is a fun cpu to overclock if you have the right batch . Most of the batches do 4,5 GHz with a little bit of tweaking .
On air cooling you should not pass 1.45V , and  if you change VCore and CPU PLL is more than enough  .
Di

Views