Just wondering  what do you guys think of Thermaltake PSU
Yes I have one 850W been treating me okay.

Reason I am asking is building new rig and not really sure if I want to use Thermaltake again.
Local computer store all they sell is Thermaltake PSU, fans, cpu coolers. Thermaltake must have given them  discount offer.
They got one PSU that I never even heard of, Xigmatek Vector S Series.
http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=193    that is the unit.

Anyways you think this Xigmatek Vector S Series be a good one.

Going to be posting pics of  some of the hardware I bought soon in a new thread.

Not sure about that PSU specifically, but generally Xigmatek use andyson for their PSU, and I would opt for something else. What's your PSU budget? What kind of build components are you looking at?…so we know how much power you will need.

Save a  little and buy from a more known brand : Seasonic , Corsair , EVGA  , XFX
It will help if you would tell us what hardware you have  .

Yea it would help if I would have told you my hardware, my bad.. 😛
This will be my overclocking system, for benchmark

Mobo: Asrock 990FX Killer
CPU: FX-6300
Video Card: HIS IceX2 R9 280X
Ram: GSkill
Cooling: still waiting
SSD: OCZ 128GB <–- x2
PSU: unknown

In my sig that system is been put into my NZXT Source 530 case I bought few weeks back and above items going on my tech station..

Go with a known quality PSU. The best bang for buck on a quality PSU for the last while is the EVGA G2 750 or 850w. XFX, or seasonic would be my next choices after that.

@Bond007:

Go with a known quality PSU. The best bang for buck on a quality PSU for the last while is the EVGA G2 750 or 850w. XFX, or seasonic would be my next choices after that.

Thanks Bond, will see if I can find any on sale..

No worries. At this point gold rated is the way to go for a relatively minor increase in cost. If funds are tight the xfx bronze rated would be my choice.

Views