C.H.I.P., a nine-dollar computer chip

I like the fact that they used a banana for scale. Should have used a .45…but that is nit picking. 😛

Seriously though, its good see Raspberry Pi and the other micro 'computers' get some much needed CHEAP competition.

@GaK_45:

I like the fact that they used a banana for scale. Should have used a .45…but that is nit picking. 😛

Seriously though, its good see Raspberry Pi and the other micro 'computers' get some much needed CHEAP competition.

No they should have used a .50 cal instead.. but that is just me. ::)

I am wonder by launch date how many will really sell.
There pocket size one looks like a old handheld arcade game
You think they make it a little more better looking, different color.

Yeah that would be sweet. Make it look kinda/sorta like a nintendo gameboy (but dif enough they dont get sued)…include an emulator and bam its 'shut up and take my money time' 😛

As per the raspberry pi the pricing is misleading. If you want to use a C.H.I.P. with a display you have to buy another 9$+ adapter. At least this one has an actual voltage regulator unlike the pi. With the pi it doesn't come with the power adapter.

I mean I like the idea of the C.H.I.P. though people REALLY need to stop misleading with the base item, how about promote the minimum you need for it to 'work' as you advertise (aka display adapter or power adapter as examples).

It looks really cool, but I'd personally get a raspberry pi 2, they're only $40 so not much more than the CHIP with the HDMI adapter.

Took me a while to also realize the SoC they are using is AllWinner…and well....I know I'm not the only one who isn't impressed with AllWinner's 'support' and compatibility.

Oh god allwinner, definitely not interested at all now.

With a name like Allwinner there is no way you could go wrong 😛

Yeah allwinner makes it a big old NOPE for me too.  Damn shame as I was actually trying to figure out a use for one!

great idea, but without an HDMI port its pretty much useless to me.

I really like the idea of things like this being turned into a tiny hand-held DOS gaming machine.

Views