Anyone else currently playing The Witcher 3?

Noticed it is a very controller friendly game which sucks as I hate hunting down where my controller is.

Also the requirements page is kind of a gimmick I think.

Ran it maxed on my main right that to me made a lot of sense as it is.
4770k 4.5ghz
290x cuii 4gb oc
16gb ddr3 2666
multiple ssds
mpower z97 board
dell 1440p lcd

Fluid 60 fps jumping to 100+ at times.

Then theirs my editing laptop that on lowest settings and 900p runs 30-45fps
dell m4600
16gb ddr3 1600
i7 2860qm (I think it's in my backpack now haha)
1000m 2gb quadro

Tried it also on the same laptop as mine but with a firepro 5950 and 1080p mid settings and got 45-60 fps

In all reality the 2 laptops should not of been able to even load it according to the requirments

Minimum requirements:
OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1). DirectX 11 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Finding a Gaming CPUs performance chart and comparing one’s CPU with our minimum is suggested.
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 or AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
Please mind that we only officially support full-size desktop graphics cards. Finding a graphics card performance hierarchy chart online and comparing one’s video card with our minimum is suggested.
RAM: 6GB
Disk space: 40 GB
Recommended requirements:
OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1). DirectX 11 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz, AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770 or AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM: 6GB
Disk space: 40 GB

It kinda ticks me off seeing these blatant sales grabs and deals you know the game devs make with hardware retailers to over hype the specs when people who can't afford to upgrade don't play the games due to "min requirments"

So in my rants closing if you don't have a power house still pick the game up. It's honestly not my kind of game as unlike Arinoth  I'm not a larper but I can see how people can really enjoy it.

Keeping my opinions most of the game to myself since otherwise why would people want to read the review of this thing. All I can say is Death March (the hardest difficulty) is brutally hard, you can be over-leveled and over-geared for quests and it is still quite challenging, unlike most games where if are over-leveled/geared it is at least significantly easier.

Having also read all seven novels before this game I am quite enjoying how much they've adhered to the lore.

I wouldn't say that Sam as Destiny is probably like 5 story missions is = 1 quest in Witcher, would be more accurate. Although there also is only like 30 or so missions total in Destiny before you've done everything story wise. I also have to say Destiny is really well polished and fun on its own for a quick distraction its only problem is lack of overall content. I have a feeling if Bungie learns from this Destiny 2 could be something great. Honestly wasn't that bad for a new IP it could of been a lot worse.

@LeonBelmont:

I wouldn't say that Sam as Destiny is probably like 5 story missions is = 1 quest in Witcher, would be more accurate. Although there also is only like 30 or so missions total in Destiny before you've done everything story wise. I also have to say Destiny is really well polished and fun on its own for a quick distraction its only problem is lack of overall content. I have a feeling if Bungie learns from this Destiny 2 could be something great. Honestly wasn't that bad for a new IP it could of been a lot worse.

Still have yet to play it. Destiny that is. Witcher 3 played for a few hours fell asleep twice and decided it's not the game for me haha

Destiny I find is done well, yes they had issue's but over all its a good game. Also it will be taking over Halo spot light.
Have not yet tried Witcher 3 as of yet.  Will have to try it to compare it.

Well I've enjoyed Destiny, as I said story is alright though is quite fragmented through the missions. (except in the expansions where the story is actually more fleshed out and well done) Although I have to admit a game can be good or even great even without much of a story at all a great example is Bloodborne. That games story is pretty much 3 small cutscenes that make little sense unless you read all the hidden books and item descriptions throughout the game. Which is kind of strange and unique kind of storytelling on its own but the gameplay and boss fights are fantastic.

Witcher 3 is rather heavy of the story/lore, which some people may find boring as they'd rather be running and gunning (stabbing and setting things on fire for the Witcher's case). I enjoy the different pacing at times, playing as Ciri, and well the lore. I'm always a lore junky in whatever game I play.

Ive watched a lot of gameplay…. dont have it yet. I have Witcher 2 and didnt play long before I got frustrated.. the controls felt very wrong. Glitchy... Waiting for 3 to be on a big sale before I try it

I am 111 hours into Witcher 3 on Death March, hopefully should be finishing it up this week. Then time to write the review.

Views