Office before and After

Thought I would make a office before and after sticky so people could post how their offices have changed over time.

Example:

My wife stopped playingΒ  games with me once I moved my desk around. Noticed she had zero space so today I fixed everything.

Before:

Now:

Sadly the best office we had was in our old house back in BC:

That's a much better use of space. Looks good.

success πŸ˜„

She even rage quit πŸ˜„ perfect gaming night

Plus many many beer and a full bottle of wine gone in one gaming session means a great gaming night

The pictures no longer show up for me?

Odd I will have to update this later πŸ™‚

office build now starts with some MAJOR!!!! issues!!!

Did a little sorting to start using the office right away as I am so far behind

Monitors and basic short-term desk setup but there is a big big issue

Wait What? why are the monitors not on?
Well I will tell you why skippy… there is zero not 1 not 2 not 20 but ZERO!!! power outlets in my office, time to do this all right the first time and strip the room to the studs.

Going to get a buddy to come help do a sub breaker box and multiple outlets in the room. Also frame the door, put in the new door, install the insulation and then double up those drywall walls with green glue inbetween them πŸ™‚

I will keep you all posted.

also is that door not sexy??? solid wood and glass to make a nice better soundproofing then those cheap cardboard doors most houses have

Big project. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Old office pictures are behind a paywall.

@Bond007:

Big project. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Thanks will do. This project though frustrating will be worth it

@Arinoth:

Old office pictures are behind a paywall.

Yah photo bucket got bought out by EA:p

New desk and office cleanup time.

It kinda got bad .
20190126_094321.jpg 20190126_094322.jpg 20190126_094324.jpg 20190126_094341.jpg 20190126_094344.jpg

So I decided it is time to change things up
20190126_201321.jpg 20190126_204928.jpg 20190126_211052.jpg

Got more work this week will really style this up. Was feeling sick for s few days but getting better fast.

New rig needs get built and same with giveaway build πŸ™‚

It's looking good, though it seems more and more pictures I see of people's desks that they no longer use keyboard trays. I'm still of the came of using keyboard trays and wrist rests (for keyboard and mouse) at home and at work and find when I don't use them I get wrist or arm fatigue or symptoms similar to carpel tunnel in my right wrist.

@Arinoth Yah I do not like keyboard trays anymore stopped using them years back.

but to each their own and comfort is key πŸ™‚

New LCDs all setup IMG_20190513_224932.jpg IMG_20190513_224941.jpg

They be huge!!! Might put them side by side as this is a lot of monitors to be on one mount.

IMG_20190513_210934.jpg

One more with the lights on haha

My desk is also slowing becoming a pile....guess it’s time for me to tidy up. Rooms looking better!

@Bond007 need to build more shelves just like me haha

Looks great, I'm still trying to fully organize my desk but it's a slow work in progress...

@Arinoth Thanks and know the endless process

Got some shelves I built to that I need to mount up shortly soon to and put all my old cards on display