Quick little laptop screen replacement DIY
RHR Crew

Dell Precision M4600 LCD Replacement – 04:59
— Real Hardware Reviews

Quick little video on how to swap a lcd on a laptop. It includes using a hammer 🙂

Awesome video!  Now I know who to send my laptop when I need screen replaced.. 🙂

RHR Crew

@yzfraven:

Awesome video!  Now I know who to send my laptop when I need screen replaced.. 🙂

Only if I get to use a hammer or a crowbar haha

Ps thanks 🙂

I will send you a old Pentium 150 laptop you can hammer.. lol

Nicely done, John. Good work. Good to know, that http://www.laptopscreen.com does exist and they sell all kind of screens.

Might be interesting, if I can find something to replace my failed backlight on the screen from BenQ FP737s-D monitor. It would be cool, if I can use LCD monitor for my testing bench, instead of CRT. CRT take a bit too much space on my desk…

In this case, the screen is not physicaly damaged. Just bad caps in the LCD PSU burned out the backlight. The monitor goes on... and quickly off, when half of the screen backlight does not light on, so... I replaced all the caps, but no help. At least, when I replace the LCD backlight tubes, it might serve me for plenty of years to come.

Good inspiration! Thank you very much.

Views

Looks like your connection to Real Hardware Reviews Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.