Well, unfortunately, i was so preoccupied doing this, I never too pictures!! lol

So, here is the final result.

Be Quiet Silent base 800 case
Acrylic sheet from Lowes
Frosted privacy film from Home Depot

Man that looks sweet!Β  πŸ™‚

…only see one problem...Thermaltake waterblock?!Β  Dude.....just...dooooooood.Β  πŸ˜›

Dude that looks amazing, I should send you my side window πŸ˜›

Would love to see a how to guide next time you make one πŸ™‚

@GaK_45:

Man that looks sweet!Β  πŸ™‚

…only see one problem...Thermaltake waterblock?!Β  Dude.....just...dooooooood.Β  πŸ˜›

well, it was free.. I won it with a DPS G 850w PSU and a core X1 case
Its actually decent.. full load on my OC never breaks 62c

@Soullessone21:

Dude that looks amazing, I should send you my side window πŸ˜›

Would love to see a how to guide next time you make one πŸ™‚

I actually "cheated" - the "etching" is privacy window film from Home Depot! it sticks to the window, you can just peel it off lol
I am going to add an XFX so I will take pics and show how it works.

@StaticFX:

well, it was free.. I won it with a DPS G 850w PSU and a core X1 case
Its actually decent.. full load on my OC never breaks 62c

I actually "cheated" - the "etching" is privacy window film from Home Depot! it sticks to the window, you can just peel it off lol
I am going to add an XFX so I will take pics and show how it works.

Nothing beats free πŸ˜„ I actually have had good luck with TT gear, they have treated me very well.

I think your "cheated" Method is great, I will have to try that with my current case just for fun πŸ˜„

Keep up the great work

Yeah.. I tried taping a window and using a green scuff pad to "etch" it… it just didnt look good... so I started poking around home depot and spotted that stuff... its perfect. Just draw the shape on the back paper .. cut it out.. stick it on! lol πŸ™‚

@StaticFX:

Yeah.. I tried taping a window and using a green scuff pad to "etch" it… it just didnt look good... so I started poking around home depot and spotted that stuff... its perfect. Just draw the shape on the back paper .. cut it out.. stick it on! lol πŸ™‚

Do you have a link to the product ?

Thanks

Damn thats good thinking.Β  In the pictures it looks like 100% 'real' glass etching!

i know πŸ™‚ - and truly it looks great in person, much better than "scuffing". I think the only way it would look as good is to actually have it etched (like sandblasted)

but… this is better because you can change it πŸ™‚

Views