Well, unfortunately, i was so preoccupied doing this, I never too pictures!! lol

So, here is the final result.

Be Quiet Silent base 800 case
Acrylic sheet from Lowes
Frosted privacy film from Home Depot

Man that looks sweet!  🙂

…only see one problem...Thermaltake waterblock?!  Dude.....just...dooooooood.  😛

Dude that looks amazing, I should send you my side window 😛

Would love to see a how to guide next time you make one 🙂

@GaK_45:

Man that looks sweet!  🙂

…only see one problem...Thermaltake waterblock?!  Dude.....just...dooooooood.  😛

well, it was free.. I won it with a DPS G 850w PSU and a core X1 case
Its actually decent.. full load on my OC never breaks 62c

@Soullessone21:

Dude that looks amazing, I should send you my side window 😛

Would love to see a how to guide next time you make one 🙂

I actually "cheated" - the "etching" is privacy window film from Home Depot! it sticks to the window, you can just peel it off lol
I am going to add an XFX so I will take pics and show how it works.

@StaticFX:

well, it was free.. I won it with a DPS G 850w PSU and a core X1 case
Its actually decent.. full load on my OC never breaks 62c

I actually "cheated" - the "etching" is privacy window film from Home Depot! it sticks to the window, you can just peel it off lol
I am going to add an XFX so I will take pics and show how it works.

Nothing beats free 😄 I actually have had good luck with TT gear, they have treated me very well.

I think your "cheated" Method is great, I will have to try that with my current case just for fun 😄

Keep up the great work

Yeah.. I tried taping a window and using a green scuff pad to "etch" it… it just didnt look good... so I started poking around home depot and spotted that stuff... its perfect. Just draw the shape on the back paper .. cut it out.. stick it on! lol 🙂

@StaticFX:

Yeah.. I tried taping a window and using a green scuff pad to "etch" it… it just didnt look good... so I started poking around home depot and spotted that stuff... its perfect. Just draw the shape on the back paper .. cut it out.. stick it on! lol 🙂

Do you have a link to the product ?

Thanks

Damn thats good thinking.  In the pictures it looks like 100% 'real' glass etching!

i know 🙂 - and truly it looks great in person, much better than "scuffing". I think the only way it would look as good is to actually have it etched (like sandblasted)

but… this is better because you can change it 🙂

Views