after months of anticipation from many youtube finally launched it's streaming service as a connected but separate site to youtube. In my experiences with it it does offer a lot of advantages over twitch for small time streamers. One of the biggest is if your internet can handle it up to 1080 60fps streaming, an even nicer feature that those with slower internet will surely love is that it will automatically adjust the stream to better suit your connection so if a higher resolution isn't going to give you the best quality it will adjust to ensure it works out better.

I haven't started streaming yet but i'd love to in the coming weeks and i think i may do that with youtube.

https://gaming.youtube.com/

@oktober:

after months of anticipation from many youtube finally launched it's streaming service as a connected but separate site to youtube. In my experiences with it it does offer a lot of advantages over twitch for small time streamers. One of the biggest is if your internet can handle it up to 1080 60fps streaming, an even nicer feature that those with slower internet will surely love is that it will automatically adjust the stream to better suit your connection so if a higher resolution isn't going to give you the best quality it will adjust to ensure it works out better.

I haven't started streaming yet but i'd love to in the coming weeks and i think i may do that with youtube.

https://gaming.youtube.com/

I have been watching this for some time, the copyright parts are the only thing that might cause issues but I have a lot of faith that Youtube will do this right.

If and when you decide to stream post it in our gaming videos section under the gaming sub category, I used to stream tons but just have not had any time as of late.

@Soullessone21:

I have been watching this for some time, the copyright parts are the only thing that might cause issues but I have a lot of faith that Youtube will do this right.

If and when you decide to stream post it in our gaming videos section under the gaming sub category, I used to stream tons but just have not had any time as of late.

i will do, thank you for the offer and your absolutely right. When i signed up there was a warning about the copyright stuff then i saw other users playing music and stuff so i'm unsure how it'll work.

I'm curious to see how you'll be able to randomly search through and find streams. It's probably all there and I just haven't spent the time looking into at all yet. I am also curious to see if it 'streams' better then twitch, IE less of a delay lag compared to twitch.

yea one thing i seemed to notice is that some of the "featured" channels are offline and such, granted it's still early but it'll be interesting to see how it becomes

@Arinoth:

I am also curious to see if it 'streams' better then twitch, IE less of a delay lag compared to twitch.

I sat in on an EEVBlog stream using youtube not too long ago. I like that I am not forced into the streamer's native res, It least I think I was not… On the fly transcoding is important IMO.

IIRC the stream had around 30 seconds of latency? It seemed to work okay imo but I cannot compare to twitch, because twitch is largely unusable as my 5mbit cannot seem keep up with the res streamers tend to use.

Views