MSI R9 390X Gaming 8G Review

http://realhardwarereviews.com/msi-r9-390x-gaming-8g/

GaK_45 Reviews the MSI R9 390x Gaming 8GB.

All I can say is 980 Performance at 970 Pricing is damn impressive:

There is always pros and cons for opting for one card over another but if you are the type of PC gaming enthusiast who likes simple, easy overclocking; or are budget conscience; or even just like getting value for your money the MSI R9 390X Gaming 8 deserves to be on your short list. Don’t let Internet FUD scare you away from a card that is more than capable of getting the job done - and doing so without breaking the bank.

Power consumption has really been engrained into everyone's mind in the last few years. As you mentioned, it's really a shame that in many cases it has caused people to give up on my main concern…fps/$. That said power and heat shouldn't be ignored either (hence why the reference designed cards were a flop IMO, and caused bad press for the whole line).

Nice review.

@Bond007:

Power consumption has really been engrained into everyone's mind in the last few years. As you mentioned, it's really a shame that in many cases it has caused people to give up on my main concern…fps/$. That said power and heat shouldn't be ignored either (hence why the reference designed cards were a flop IMO, and caused bad press for the whole line).

Nice review.

Got to agree with you there. In reality the extra power would not even be noticed on your monthly bill.
I run a asus 290x cuii and love the card it's rock solid in my build and handles everything we throw at it.

Views