Kingston HyperX Savage SSD Review

GaK_45 Reviews the Kingston HyperX Savage and it walks away with our Innovation and Real Deal Awards read more here:

http://realhardwarereviews.com/kingston-hyperx-savage/

"No matter if you want to use only one on its own, or two in RAID the HyperX Savage would be an excellent choice for consumers on a tight budget"

Pretty nice little SMD 😉  The price-performance ratio is unbeatable. I only wonder, how the G.Skill Blade 480G compare to drives like the SanDisk Extreme PRO or the Samsung 850 PRO in terms of speed…  😉

850 Pro will be faster at sequential file performance, and low queue depth performance. the Blade will be faster at small file performance and destroy the 850 Pro at deep queue depth scenarios.

850 Pro will be faster at sequential file performance, and low queue depth performance. the Blade will be faster at small file performance and destroy the 850 Pro at deep queue depth scenarios.

Translation: large cache of the Samsung 850 Pro helps poor controller to get speed in sequentional tests, while when things go random (small files) or deeply multitasked (deep queue), then G.Skill Blade will kick a$$, thanks to powerfull controller chip?  😉

And any ideas about the SanDisk suxxka? I can try it out only on relatively slow computers, so it is hard to say how it will perform on more up-to-date hardware  😄 I mean… it is of a little point benching SATA3 SSD on original SATA(1) controller with poor performance. The results are only "for the LULZ":

You will probably agree that comparing SSDs on such computer are worthless. Except for fun it is not good for anything else, much less for comparsion.

Views