It's HERE!! The ability to mix and match GPUs

Ashes of singularity is the first DirectX 12 game to be released that allows two multi-GPU modes, and thanks to the explicit controls offered by the API, allows for disparate GPUs to be paired up. More than SLI and more than Crossfire, EMA allows for dissimilar GPUs to be used in conjunction with each other, and productively at that. The results speak for themselves, a new era is upon us

Full Article

damn that's nice 🙂

thanks for the share

FINALLY, but we need mobo support too

Wow..very interesting. How long until nvidia locks this capability via driver "update".

@Bond007:

Wow..very interesting. How long until nvidia locks this capability via driver "update".

They would never do that…. again... I mean a third time 😛

@Soullessone21:

They would never do that…. again... I mean a third time 😛

Haha. Any bets on how long it will take?

@Bond007:

Haha. Any bets on how long it will take?

yesterday

While I think this ability in and of itself is damn cool, I just fear for the driver conflicts and HW issues that will ensue.
First generation, I'm not signing up for.
2 years down the road….if its still a thing...then sure.

-Shiver

@Shiver:

While I think this ability in and of itself is damn cool, I just fear for the driver conflicts and HW issues that will ensue.
First generation, I'm not signing up for.
2 years down the road….if its still a thing...then sure.

-Shiver

mmm check the link, the Nvidia/AMD setup beats Crossfire or SLI 🙂
so your statement is invalid

@TheDarkLord:

Think shiver is talking about all games. With sli and crossfire it works great for some games but badly in others so with this new dx12 the same is expected

@Soullessone21:

Think shiver is talking about all games. With sli and crossfire it works great for some games but badly in others so with this new dx12 the same is expected

Nothing is perfect, if it makes money then it will go through, if not, people are going to disable the mixed support to make people buy a certain brand like you mentioned ehem Nvidia ehem

@TheDarkLord:

How is my statement invalid? I wasn't talking about one beating the other please feel free to show me where I said that.
I am stating that there are bound to be conflicts within games and applications themselves, I prefer to wait for things to Iron themselves out.
And, this has been attempted once (vaporware) before, so lets see if this iteration works itself out eh?

-Shiver

Views