Lexar Pro CFast 2.0 3600x & 3500x

In the Market for a new DSLR make sure to read GaK_45's Review before jumping the gun
The read performance that CFAST 2.0 3600x & 3500x have to offer is simply amazing. You literally will have to have a high end Solid State Drive to keep up with either series.

http://realhardwarereviews.com/lexar-pro-3600x-3500x/

There is only ONE question I have when I heard about CF card: Do Lexar provide any utility, so the CF card can it be set to be fixed device? Because w/o that, there are only endless of problems when one try to use CF card as HDD replacement for old school computers.

Eg. not worth it, when this is not possible. And the nice, long and detailed review did not answer me this question…

@trodas:

There is only ONE question I have when I heard about CF card: Do Lexar provide any utility, so the CF card can it be set to be fixed device? Because w/o that, there are only endless of problems when one try to use CF card as HDD replacement for old school computers.

Eg. not worth it, when this is not possible. And the nice, long and detailed review did not answer me this question…

The review was focusing on outs intended use (Cameras) GaK_45 should chime in to say if they can be used as system storage but I do not see why they would not be able to be used as a HDD when using an adapter

@Soullessone21:

The review was focusing on outs intended use (Cameras) GaK_45 should chime in to say if they can be used as system storage but I do not see why they would not be able to be used as a HDD when using an adapter

The key difference though is because its solid state memory, would you not need a controller to do ITGC and keep it fast? Something that a CF Card inherently lacks IIRC.
As a stop gap measure I would use one sure, but not for long term or something that is going to be actively accessed day in and day out.

-Shiver

I do not see why they would not be able to be used as a HDD when using an adapter

When you try it, you realize, that they are NOT threated as HDD, when they are in the setting "removable"… 90% of HDD tools and ways simply refuse to work.
The "removable" vs "fixed" bits are absolutely critical thing.

Views