Bitfenix Flo Headset Video Review

Time to time we have something happen with a review or we see a result that we know will damage our relationship with a company. At that time we have 2 choices delete the review and save the relationship or keep the consumers needs top of the list and post the review even though it may damage our relationship with the company.

We decided the consumer needs to know the truth even if it equals our final Bitfenix review, besides when we buy the hardware out of pocket ourselves.

During this review we had 2 separate units break on us where the headband connects to hard plastic. During our testing we found the bands were more than strong enough for day to day use but when it comes to massive temperature changes in Calgary Alberta during the winter -20c to 20c in the course of a few hours (No Leonardo the worlds not ending that's just how Alberta is)the band just did not hold up.
They also had zero give when trying to adjust to different head sizes.
On the good side the mic and sound quality is truly topnotch. The fact the mic is detachable makes for a far more versatile travel headphone.

Bitfenix Flo Headset Review – 01:43
— Real Hardware Reviews

You arent alone.. I also had mine break - and it wasnt even due to temperature. It just broke from my day to day use. They did replace them for me, but while waiting for the replacement to arrive, the right ear speaker died. I still have the second pair, but really dont use them anymore as I have found better ones.
I also have a friend who's band broke… and he lives in Romania... he had a hell of a time getting a new pair (they did replace his as well) - but there is a design flaw for sure. Too bad ... because I thought the sound was really quite good compared to some others I had

@StaticFX:

You arent alone.. I also had mine break - and it wasnt even due to temperature. It just broke from my day to day use. They did replace them for me, but while waiting for the replacement to arrive, the right ear speaker died. I still have the second pair, but really dont use them anymore as I have found better ones.
I also have a friend who's band broke… and he lives in Romania... he had a hell of a time getting a new pair (they did replace his as well) - but there is a design flaw for sure. Too bad ... because I thought the sound was really quite good compared to some others I had

Sorry to hear you had similar experiences as we did but at least we know we are not alone.

I used glue and sewed mine up and use it time to time.

We know the video most likely did a lot of damage with our Bitfenix relationship but in honesty we will not lie about a product.

I appreciate the honest review. I hope for 2 things:
1. Bitfenix improves quality for the next design.
2. They wouldn't let an honest review hamper a relationship. I have much more respect for a company that stand behind their products…even the flawed ones.

Thanks for the review! Hopefully they come up with a fix on quality, since good mic quality and decent sound are often a challenge to find at a reasonable price.

LOL I sewed mine up too! it worked ok until the ear died..

@StaticFX:

LOL I sewed mine up too! it worked ok until the ear died..

How many times did you almost put the needle through your hand? The rubber is damn hard making it almost brittle… wait not almost it really just is supereasy to snap.

The second one I got was hilarious as our video reviewer messages me "fuck I just put these on my head tried to get them to fit my ears and they just snapped"
Mine I was putting them on after walking into my work office where it was -25 out and plus 25 inside and they just cracked on the strap.

Bond the mic on the two we tested was shockingly good same with the audio quality but build quality is a huge joke sadly

LOL!!! yes, that plastic was HARD to push the needle through! - And yeah, I also found it odd that you could not adjust it really. … but I have to agree, the sound and mic was really quite good (almost as good as my Sennheiser GameZeros). Drop the mic and speakers in a better designed headset and you have a winner!

Views